PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra

cdevine
05-19-2017, 08:14 AM
1294012939Good fishing in some of the feeder creeks. I got out the other day and it was a lot of fun with the 3wt.
Next 2 weeks on most rivers should be pretty tough with hot weather and some decent melt coming. Incredible the amount of snow we have. I went over monitor pass and road is in good shape. Some of the other passes will be much later (if at all).

Lew Riffle
05-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Fear not it will thaw!

EricO
05-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Nice CD....good to hear someone is getting into fish!

My 3wt feels neglected....hoping to use it soon.

Eric

cdevine
05-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Nice CD....good to hear someone is getting into fish!

My 3wt feels neglected....hoping to use it soon.

Eric

Thanks Eric. Its really nice throwing stimulators w/ droppers on these small streams/creeks. The bobber is just too loud and quite frankly i'm getting tired using them. (rivers like lower sac though are a must)

I will add a few more things from my trip.

Really look at the weather and stream flows before heading out. I found this window coming off some overnight temps below freezing and streams/creeks that were blown out last week became very fishable and water clarity was good. West Carson for example was 1400 2 weeks ago. I drove by it and scouted out for a little bit and it was in the 400's and very fishable. Color wasn't bad at all. (I"m referring to the meadow section)

Free stone rivers however like East Carson and West Walker are absolutely raging. Forget about it. In fact you probably should wear a life jacket if you are near the east carson. Its that big.

Grant Lake is full to the brim... Looks amazing. I don't fish lakes much but if I did this spot looks enticing. (as does the entire june lake loop)

Lots of people fishing Owens and Magee for cutty's. Not really my thing but I'm sure they were getting into fish.

its going to be an epic summer. No hoot owl stuff this year or dawg days of summer.

EricO
05-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Ya, it's going to be a killer spring/summer with water all year long!!!

I've got so many ideas going I can't keep it straight.

Eric