PDA

View Full Version : This Year's Hex Hatch On Fall River

johnsquires
05-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Does a winter such as the one we just experienced affect the historical timing of the Hex hatch on the Fall River?
I haven't been for a while. When I used to go for this event, it was typical that the last couple of weeks in June was prime time.

Bob Loblaw
05-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Does a winter such as the one we just experienced affect the historical timing of the Hex hatch on the Fall River?
I haven't been for a while. When I used to go for this event, it was typical that the last couple of weeks in June was prime time.

I just had to reschedule my June 30th/July 1 trip to Clearwater Lodge because of a damn work conflict. If anyone wants my room, call Michelle today! it will go fast.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Terry Thomas, retired school teacher, has been fishing Fall River for about 40 years now.

I emailed him about the Hex this year:

"My best guess would be @June 10 through @July 15. Since these insects reside in the muddy bottom of the river, l don't think the high winter flows should have an impact on this hatch. That's just my opinion and I'm not a scientist."

lee s.
05-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Interesting question John.
Seeing as how more (longer) run-off might be expected this season and mere tenth's of a degree water temp changes effect hatching.......dang good question!
....lee s.

Railking
06-09-2017, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Bill Kiene semi-retired;175430]Terry Thomas, retired school teacher, has been fishing Fall River for about 40 years now.

I emailed him about the Hex this year:quote]

Bill did you ever hear back from Terry?
THXS

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Terry's reply:

"My best guess would be @June 10 through @July 15. Since these insects reside in the muddy bottom of the river, l don't think the high winter flows should have an impact on this hatch. That's just my opinion and I'm not a scientist.
Terry"

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-09-2017, 09:47 PM
This is about the same time that Lincoln and Lance Gray will be up at Lake Almanor for their Hex hatch.