PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis

FRSam
05-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Thought I'd share a video I took yesterday 5/3/17 up at Lightning Tree boat ramp. Yes it's open and full to the brim.

https://youtu.be/FewdF-839F0

Pete
Aka FeatherRiverSam

OceanSunfish
05-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Thank you for taking and sharing that video. That is a beautiful sight seeing that ramp underwater!

GoldenStone
05-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Wow... to the brim... so how was fishing??

FRSam
05-08-2017, 07:02 PM
I didn't fish, this was purely a scouting trip to see what was going on. I did talk to someone who had just come in and he struck out both fly fishing & trolling. There's A LOT of new water out there and the same number of fish so I think it's going to take a little time to figure things out. The Honker ramp is in the water. The West Side road is blocked with a downed tree. Camp Five is a mess at the moment, hopefully they'll get it straightened out. Water temps are in the mid fifties, didn't see any bugs out. It really is a brand new lake.

OceanSunfish
05-10-2017, 11:56 AM
It really is a brand new lake.

I sure hope so........ And, I sure hope water management will allow the lake to remain at full pool for quite some time......

As an aside, you would think that if ever the 'fingerling program' was going to work, it would be right now! Also, how about a Bass Derby once in awhile too.......