PDA

View Full Version : Baum Lake is fishing well for my brother Dick Kiene.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-29-2017, 07:41 PM
"Billy,

Baum Lake yesterday Friday April 28th, 30 inch, 10 pound wild female Rainbow, drifting two flies under and indicator, # 18 flashy midge on the bottom, # 16 pheasant tail on top, 6 lb. tippet.

Our guide Jeremy Baker says it is the biggest wild Rainbow trout he has ever seen or heard of landed at Baum Lake.

Netted another 12 fish, 15 to 20 inches during the day.

Needless to say it was a very good day of fishing.

Dick Kiene"

__________________________________________________ _________

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-29-2017, 07:51 PM
My brother Dick and I plus friends like Neil Hansen, Mel Jeffs, Galen Geller and other characters use to fish small trout lakes like McCuber Reservoir, Manzanita Lake, little ponds Grace and Nora plus Baum Lake years ago.......1970s.

That is when Fall River and Hat Creek were fishing very well too.

__________________________________________________ ______

~30-40 years ago Hal Janssen caught a 12# Brown trout on a very slowly stripped #18 nymph.

HSano
05-02-2017, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure if your comment about Hal Janssen was about Baum Lake. In any case, many hears ago when my brother and I were new to flyfishing we went to Baum. As we were parking we could see Hal fighting a large fish. it turned out to be a six pound rainbow. He caught I on a Janssen marabou leech fishing from shore. It's one thing to hear about a guy catching fish. It's another to actually witness it. Obviously, he did well at Baum.