PDA

View Full Version : Fishhead App

FISHEYE
04-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know if there will be an upgrade for this. Mine no longer works on the latest iphone software update.

Larry S
04-27-2017, 04:28 PM
That came about a few month ago with an update. Here's how I deal with it. Keep in mind I have to do
this every time I use it after turning on the phone. Go to "my rivers" and hit "done" in upper right-hand
corner. Next screen, hit "cancel" and your rivers should show up. Next, hit "Done" and you should see
all of your rivers. At no time, should you "hit" the "map" icon next to "Done" or you'll have to re-enter
all of your stream names. I also have to do the same for my "tides." Pain in the ass, but it should work.

I was informed via email that they were working on a "fix" but that was months ago. If you still can't
get it to go, PM me and maybe we can talk on the phone.

BTW, I'm not sure where they get their
weather info, but it never agrees with other services.

Best,
Larry S
Sun Diego

Terry Thomas
04-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Same here, however, the app does work fine on my iPad.

winxp_man
04-28-2017, 01:45 PM
I have been doing the same. It's working fine other then that. I do hope to see a working update soon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2017, 07:34 PM
I emailed these posts to John Sherman of Fishhead app.

We should hear something from him soon.

drdan
04-28-2017, 08:15 PM
I have used Fishhead for years but noted the break a while ago. I have switched to another application called Flows. If Fishhead gets fixed, I may go back....

FISHEYE
04-28-2017, 08:45 PM
Larry S. Thanks. That works. I don't use the weather info but rather go right to the weather service. I use this for rivers and tides.

Lew Riffle
04-29-2017, 06:07 AM
"They don't want your data.....they want your mind"

Rick J
04-30-2017, 12:29 PM
mine has stopped working (android version) several weeks ago and even removing and downloading does not work - I have sent email messages to them on numerous occasions with no response - not very happy with these guys

Larry S
04-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Rick,
You might try the maneuver I posted for FISHEYE. Works on the iphone;
not sure about the android. Hope you had a successful season
steelheading!
Best,
Larry S
Sun Diego

Rick J
04-30-2017, 03:39 PM
when I lik on app i shows up with My Tides and nothing works after tht point = clicking on Done or edit has not impact and clicking on rivers changes nothing so seems to be locked out - pain in the ass as I have really depended on this app in the past - seems worthless now

Larry S
04-30-2017, 03:51 PM
This problem also arose some months ago and Bill Kiene contacted the app folks. I also had an email from them
which is how I got it working; albeit with some bumps in the road. Hopefully, we'll hear about some possible fixes soon.
I'm not a techie, but think that each time the phone software changes, the apps have to keep up with them.
Best,
Larry S

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Here is John Sherman's response to my email to him last week:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the heads up.. We are knee deep in a Major update.. It’s been tough, because both Chris and I, have very demanding day jobs, so the app hasn’t received the necessary TLC…

Here’s our public response to those with Apple devices.

There is a glitch in the app due to the IOS 10 update. We’re working on a major update that, in addition to adding many new features, will fix this issue and others. That’s a little ways off though.

Try this in the mean time:

1) Close the app entirely by double tapping the home button and swiping up on the FishHead app.
2) Re-open the app.
3) Tap “Done” on the blank “My Rivers” view
4) Tap “Cancel on the Search view that slides up.

You should now see your old favorites and can use the app as normal.

Thanks,
John

drdan
05-01-2017, 01:16 PM
The problem is that you need to do that cycle each time you want to use the app. Not satisfying....

Larry S
05-01-2017, 04:17 PM
I also use the "RiverWatcher" app. It still works, however, I get a message that it might not be compatible with
future IOS updates. Maybe we should have a network of drones!
Best to all,
Happy May Day!
Larry S