PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday is our annual Expo at the shop in Sacramento.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Kiene's American Fly Fishing Company is having it's annual Expo this Saturday, April 15, 2017.

10am till 4pm

Food and drink from 11:30am till 2:00pm

Many manufacturers will be there with new stuff for 2017.

The local fly fishing clubs will be there too.

We will have some top local fly tiers that you can chat with.

There will be some presentations of fishing destinations.

Some guides will be there that you can talk to.

We will have a raffle.

This is a good chance to come to the shop to visit.

I hope to see some of the Forum folks there too.

johnsquires
04-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to it.

johnsquires
04-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Is it true that the 49er cheerleaders will be there?

tcorfey
04-14-2017, 10:56 PM
I plan to show up but I am definitely not a cheer leader....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-15-2017, 07:53 AM
I always have a good time seeing old friends......

johnsquires
04-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Great job, guys! That was a lot of fun. Got to talk to Bill, Gary, Al, some old friends, made some new friends. Loved the music. Loved the hot dogs and Coors Light. Gary did a great job on the AK and Slovenia presentations. I think Gary should have been a radio personality - he has the perfect voice for that.
Looks like we're moving from the East Bay to Sacramento pretty soon, so I'm looking forward to spending more time at the shop and joining the local fly club.
The only disappointment today was not seeing Tim C. He's pretty elusive, I guess.

Bob Scheidt
04-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to participate in the fly tying demo. Great to visit with the troops again. Got to chat with Ed Wahl. He has some good info on how to use and transport prams. Also thanks to the vendors for displaying their great products. Nice job to everyone. Good day!

tcorfey
04-16-2017, 08:21 PM
John, I was there! From about 11 - 2, I enjoyed checking out the fly tiers and had a nice discussion on Tenkara as a second rod with the guys at the Redington booth out back and with the guy at the Lamson reels booth about Stripers in the bay. Then I bought a few things in the shop.

I can second that the music was great and the food looked and smelled great too, (however my wife had filled me up before I came over so I did not partake). Had to leave around 2 to go pick up my new Bamboo rod I had built for me by Joe Bradley in Elk Grove. Afterwards I went up to Folsom High and caught some panfish using the new rod and some flies I picked up while at Kiene's. You may have seen me big guy with a grey jacket and a green backpack? Maybe I need to where a name tag next time!

Regards,

Tim C.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Next year we need name tags or helium balloons?