PDA

View Full Version : Drought article with pics....

winxp_man
04-06-2017, 11:01 PM
So found a nice article with drought pics and captions over the years in CA.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california/Historic-California-Drought-Photos-Images-413056263.html

Larry S
04-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Neat stuff; and frightening! Good time to check the lake(s) for structure
for future fishing. I see on the CrowleyCam that Mammoth is getting
hammered this morning. Thanks, Aron!
Best, Larry S

cdevine
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Interesting perspective. We've always had droughts and floods. Those are the cycles. What we have now is more reporters, news, and weather people to drive fear. As we speak parts of the western slope of he sierra are nearing 800 inches of snow this year and places along the sonora pass like Leavitt Lake (9000 feet) could approach 1000 by end of May. So much for the drought.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-07-2017, 05:08 PM
The drought of the late 1970s was a nasty one.

Thanks......

Lew Riffle
04-07-2017, 05:22 PM
This one pretty much the same as 77 the driest and then 78 one of the wettest. Socal is still in a drought. We got some rain but not like 78 or 69.

Morgan
04-08-2017, 06:50 AM
THat sure was a weak storm. At lake level they called for 1-4ft. We got about 3" of snow. Can't say im upset w/ the weak storm ;)

Troutstalker55B
04-08-2017, 11:43 AM
THat sure was a weak storm. At lake level they called for 1-4ft. We got about 3" of snow. Can't say im upset w/ the weak storm ;)

Langitudes. Lake Davis received 2 feet of snow. 6" of rain here in Nevada City. 18" of snow in Tahoe Donner.

Turn the faucet off, we're good to go. - J.

cdevine
04-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Langitudes. Lake Davis received 2 feet of snow. 6" of rain here in Nevada City. 18" of snow in Tahoe Donner.

Turn the faucet off, we're good to go. - J.

JB, I'm done. 40 inches at buddies near Mammoth Resort. I hope we get weaker or non existent storms the rest of the season. Please pray they are all overhyped. Rained a ton in the foothills where I live.

TyV
04-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Interesting perspective. We've always had droughts and floods. Those are the cycles. What we have now is more reporters, news, and weather people to drive fear. As we speak parts of the western slope of he sierra are nearing 800 inches of snow this year and places along the sonora pass like Leavitt Lake (9000 feet) could approach 1000 by end of May. So much for the drought.

Yeah, NO. The first big drought on record 1929-34. Did you happen to notice that it was another 45 years until the next one? Did you also happen to notice that 8 of the last 10 have been drought years? Did you happen to notice that the the entire planets climate is changing. Do you understand that climate and weather are NOT the same thing? That isn't media driven...it's supported unanimously by scientists around the world. The evidence is overwhelming and undeniable unless you look at...Fake media, along with the fossil fuel industry pushing BS and buying our elected officials...only in this country. There is NO debate the world over anywhere. Only among idiots and people that aren't smart enough to see the reality of the situation in THIS country. That's it.

Yes droughts come and go. Yes climate change happens. No what is happening now is not normal. Yes it is 100% without a shadow of a doubt caused by man. Those are facts...real facts. Sorry, not sorry.

wineslob
04-08-2017, 06:22 PM
I remember reading about 2 years of drought in California. The Yuba River dried up, and nearly all the cattle died.

In the late 1880's.

Try again.

Dick
04-09-2017, 05:03 PM
1.85" of rain in the gauge in Northern Mono County