PDA

View Full Version : WWII Frank Moore

Larry S
04-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Friend and I surf fish @ La Jolla Farms, twice a week. Short time I ago, met a surfer who was the
producer of the video about WWII vet, Frank Moore, called "Mending the Line." I've seen some clips
and now want to view the entire video. Frank is still alive and kicking and fishing - mid 90's now.
What a generation that was! We're talking Joe Shirshac, here folks. Thank you folks for those years
of bravery and guidance!

http://www.opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/frank-moore/

Best,
Larry S

Alosa
04-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Such a legend of fly fishing. An ambassador for the N. Umpqua. Thanks for sharing this video.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-06-2017, 05:03 AM
I heard stories about Frank Moore for many years.

Lots of good text and video on the Web about Frank.

We are loosing the last of the Greatest Generation now.

I was lucky to have my "Geezer Patrol" who were like uncles to me around my business for many years.

Before and after World War II these guys pioneered fly fishing.

Around town in their 90s we still have Joe Shirshac (fire fighter USN), Joe Patterson (Cortland Line) and Wally Westlake (Baseball). Chuck Campana is still fishing in his 80s.

hwchubb
04-11-2017, 07:44 AM
Google Frank's TED talk if you get the chance (will post a link if I can). Very moving, and keep reminding yourself that he and Jeannie (who appears at the end) were both in their early 90's at the time. They look and sound at least 20 years younger. Incredible couple.

Mark Kranhold
04-11-2017, 07:03 PM
That's a goodie for sure!

Rick J
04-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Not sure if you have tracked down a copy yet.

I think Steamboat Inn has the videos for sale - I tried reaching out to the producer but never got a response - Steamboat was out but gave me a call back when they got some in. It is a wonderful film and both Frank and Jeanne are awesome folks

koffler
05-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Frank Moore is a legend. Great life, american normandy vet and legendary fisherman and conservationist. I really need to move back to Oregon.

winxp_man
06-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Nice sharing this video! Saw quite a few videos on Mr.Moore awesome person that's a fact!