PDA

View Full Version : Rio Scandi Body

Bryan Morgan
01-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Like to get some feedback if anyone has paired a 455 grain Scandi body to an Anderson 13-2 7 wt. Scandit. Trying to reduce lines, and just switch out tips from Mow and Versileader. any thoughts are welcome.

TaylerW
03-10-2017, 10:27 AM
best line series rio ever made in terms of castability. It is not a scandi line though, much more of a hybrid line, think of it as rio's response to the airflo rage head....

Mark Kranhold
03-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Or better yet a SGS skandit line. Fish skandit lines for years I'm thinking that's where rio got the idea. At 23 feet acts more like a lite skagit driver but with a floating tip you have your Scandi. I had that Rod and like a 450 Scandi on it but that was a full Scandi . At 455 grains once you put your floating tip on it or the other versi tips you're going to be at 530 grains. If I remember right at 510 Skagit was good on that Rod. Not to say at 455 won't work and it should be able to drive bigger flies and heavier tips. But Scandi work might feel a little heavy, just not that feel of scandi grace. I have a #7 Scandi body ,if your local and want to try it out we can meet at the river (American)