PDA

View Full Version : WTB Deer rifle and shotgun for an 11yo youth

RSK
01-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Checking to see if anyone has a youth sized deer rifle or shotgun around that is not being used. My son will start to hunt with me next year and I need to find him some tools. The shotgun would be for quail and grouse.

Have a couple fly fishing things I might trade if someone was looking for something.

Thanks,

Russell

PV_Premier
01-24-2017, 08:58 AM
I've got a Remington 1100 20ga that I haven't used in 10 years. It's about 20 years old, I bought it private party very lightly used when I was in Iowa when I was a teenager. Two barrels -- 28" bird and 21" slug barrel (smooth, not rifled).

Wasn't really looking to get rid of it, but I might be willing to sell it for the right price. I don't have any idea what it's worth or what I would ask for it. It does have some sentimental value since I bought it and used it growing up.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-24-2017, 09:06 AM
I would get a 20 ga shotgun, pump is the cheapest, semi auto is next, o/u is expensive.

Many make youth models with shorter stocks and shorter barrels.

I would get a lever action 30-30 or a bolt action in caliber 6mm Remington or 243 Winchester.

I sold gun for 10 years of my sporting goods career and did a lot of hunting when I was young.

You might check with a gun dealer because the Feds and State of CA want you to register the transfer of all firearms.

I did hear they are really serious about the sales of handguns between private parties not so much rifles and shotguns.

RSK
01-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Sent you a pm pv