PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes - Lower Yuba River

Troutstalker55B
01-15-2017, 09:51 PM
The river has dropped, but not down to stable fishable flows. I went out on a recon mission yesterday to see the damage and the changes. It's impressive. Looking forward to spring when conditions settle into place, and learning this new river. For a brief report and some images click here; http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/2017/01/i-went-down-to-lower-yuba-river-today.html - J.

Terry Thomas
01-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Looks like we have a new River and it may change again after this next storm comes through. Thanks Jon.

bigfly
01-16-2017, 12:29 PM
As I understand it, rivers change so guys can't map it, name holes....and pummel certain spots................
Better to have to relearn a river every year.....
Keeps you fresh too....I find it amusing when I fish on auto, in a run I "knew" only to find, it's not my run anymore.....

Change is the only constant in nature...besides Man"s search for predictability.

Jim

PV_Premier
01-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Am I correctly seeing that the pine tree river left and upstream of miners corner is completely gone?

Troutstalker55B
01-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Yep, Ashley's shade tree is gone! She's pretty bummed :(

PV_Premier
01-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Yep, Ashley's shade tree is gone! She's pretty bummed :(

Unbelievable. I wonder if that tree got hung up in the lower river somewhere, or if its out in the delta now.

I need to take a drive up that way in the next 2 weeks and take a look at what has happened.