PDA

View Full Version : Any Clear Lakes?

JAWallace
01-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Got four days set aside to fish stillwater, anyone know what's clear or semi-clear within a couple hours of Sac? Haven't checked Folsom yet but the A is looking like it has the past few days so not a good sign. Thanks!

PV_Premier
01-13-2017, 05:35 PM
I dont know what New Melones looks like but that could be an option worth researching.

JAWallace
01-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Just called Amador. She was pretty cheery, given the report. 3-4 weeks before it's fishable, and that's with no more heavy rain which it looks like we'll we getting again mid next week.

Sheepdog8404
01-13-2017, 08:21 PM
John, be careful with reports from Amador. I used to fish that place very often. Usually because we called and asked how the bite was. The "report" they gave was almost always optimistic. Then after about a dozen consecutive trips with little to no action for us or anyone else on the lake, we got the idea to call and ask for the report halfway through the day. Thier report was always the same... "Oh the bite is great! Lots of folks with limits and 3+lb fish!" We did that every trip for about half a dozen and came to the conclusion that they're full of crap.

JAWallace
01-13-2017, 10:00 PM
I concur, at least that's been my experience in the last few years there. Still I've got an itch to take the boat out and Amador is always there. I guess years ago it was really good. 100% of the fly fishermen I've talked to recently have had little action there. Comanche Pond is always a good bet this time of year, it's just small and gets crowded with bankers. Hoping Rancho Seco clears soon.