PDA

View Full Version : Switch rod swap

intheways
01-10-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm relatively new to speycasting and interested in trying different rods. I've only spent a lot of time casting my Echo SR 5108, which is great. However, without having spent quality time with other rods, I don't have much comparison, but I feel like the action is a bit faster than I would like.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested with a swing session on the American or to swap rods for a week or so. Just a thought I wanted to throw out.

Wes

PV_Premier
01-10-2017, 08:36 PM
I would be interested. I have a Redington Dually 5wt and I am starting to feel it may be too slow for me and would like to try a couple of others in comparison. I also want to try other lines on the Dually to see if that would help.

JasonB
01-11-2017, 08:51 AM
That sounds like a great idea. Another thought along those lines, if you can manage, is to go to the Sandy river Spey Clave in Oregon in early May. It's a great place to get to try all kinds of stuff out, and some very good instructional presentations, along with plenty of fishing and fish stories. I think Kienes might do another spey day on the water this year as well? Could be worth calling the shop to check in with them.
JB