PDA

View Full Version : Recent Pyramid reports?

PV_Premier
01-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Anyone been to Pyramid in the last 10 days and have any data to share? With the rivers all blown out until who knows when, our options are becoming quite limited to get lines wet.

PV_Premier
01-10-2017, 08:34 PM
That good, huh? :cool:

Well, see you guys out there this weekend in all likelihood. I'll be the guy with the 30 pounder LOL ;)

Bkane
01-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Watch out for washouts on the roads. The only access is from the nets to Pelican. Should be good.

BS
01-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Alright, I'll bite.........

I fished the "afternoon" bite a week ago last Friday from noon to dark at Wino.
Not many fisherpersons and the few that were there didn't see much action.
It was partly cloudy and a little breeze now and then.

I stripped a black bugger/popcorn beetle for 2 1/2 hours without a strike.
About 2:00 p.m. a HUGE fish cruised about 20 feet out in front of me (could have jabbed it with my switch rod) right at the drop off.
It's size reminded me of the salmon in the Feather River while steelhead fishing.
Yeah, this fish was that BIG !!!!
As Doug O. would say..........a MONSTA' !!!

Changed up to an indicator rig about 2:30 using a Mahalo Nymph and a Midnight Cowboy balanced leech.
Around 3:30 my 'cator took a dive and I landed a pretty chunky 2 foot plus fish.
Slipped the Midnight Cowboy out of its mouth and let it go to make babies.

3:30 till dark........nuthin'.

I'm not sure what beach you'll be headed to, but, the local Reno news tonight showed video of the road between Sutcliffe and Nixon (Hwy 446) washed out and closed.
The spokesperson said they expect the closure to be between 3 to 6 weeks.:(
I'm not sure EXACTLY where the road is closed at, but you might want do some checking before venturing out !!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!

BS

Garrett S
01-10-2017, 11:40 PM
Fished the S. nets about a week ago. Pretty slow during the day but the evening bite pulled through. Ended up getting 6 grabs and 5 hookups from 3:30-sunset. All fish on a chartreuse/white beetle

PV_Premier
01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I will be awaiting the tribe to re-open the lake to fishing. Looking at a couple of north central coast options instead for the weekend, though it seems the trinity might drop into shape by Monday...

Terry Thomas
01-18-2017, 10:05 AM
It is my understanding that the tribe met yesterday and the lake will still be closed to recreation for the next week. I received a call yesterday from a person who attended the meeting (sorry I missed your name) and he said that they plan on keeping the lake closed for 4-6 weeks, only local traffic will be let through. I did check the tribe's page this morning and they seem to be closing it week by week.
T

cdevine
01-18-2017, 02:18 PM
It is my understanding that the tribe met yesterday and the lake will still be closed to recreation for the next week. I received a call yesterday from a person who attended the meeting (sorry I missed your name) and he said that they plan on keeping the lake closed for 4-6 weeks, only local traffic will be let through. I did check the tribe's page this morning and they seem to be closing it week by week.
T

That has to be hurting guides up in the Tahoe/Reno Region. Not much fishable water right now in that area and the "mid" was a good option for most of those guys when the Big and Little T wasn't fishable. I know the roads are a real mess. 4 years no water and now too much. Go figure. Hopefully it returns sooner than later. Doesn't look like the weather is getting any better this week either.

Pimpinmeat
01-30-2017, 10:38 PM
I sent a message out and the response was not good. Looking at early April before the roads were going to ready. Sucks but I guess we just have to be patient. I bought my wife a season pass for Christmas and a new ladder. Looks like it was the worst present yet. Should've just bought her a new vacuum , would've gotten the same amount of use.

Finsane
01-31-2017, 01:52 AM
Ive heard a tennis racket makes a good gift

BS
01-31-2017, 10:28 AM
I sent a message out and the response was not good. Looking at early April before the roads were going to ready. Sucks but I guess we just have to be patient. I bought my wife a season pass for Christmas and a new ladder. Looks like it was the worst present yet. Should've just bought her a new vacuum , would've gotten the same amount of use.

Yep.

I purchased my first ever season pass on 11/12/16 and have used it a total of two days so far. :mad:

I'm even considering Topaz Lake at this point !!!!!

BS

Pimpinmeat
01-31-2017, 04:45 PM
Ive heard a tennis racket makes a good gift

She would probably use it to hit me.

How you doing buddy, long time no talkie. We should catch up sometime.

fishnchip
01-31-2017, 10:39 PM
Me too! I've got 3 days on my season pass. Bad decision.

Yep.

I purchased my first ever season pass on 11/12/16 and have used it a total of two days so far. :mad:

I'm even considering Topaz Lake at this point !!!!!

BS

Finsane
02-05-2017, 02:21 AM
We can do that. I know a spot. Freaking Wayne is 16.
Lost my dad to leukemia. Just over a year now. 12/12/16
Haven't fished in years, been doing the bird dog thing. I miss it
When I think about it but I've replaced fishing time with activities
I love just as much if not more. Plus I figure I've put in 5 lifetimes
of fishing time. Call anytime 5303040513