PDA

View Full Version : Chico era Powell WB80 4/5 weight

mtnhiker85
01-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Up for grabs is a Chico California era Powell WB80 4/5 weight 2 piece fly rod with tube. Rod was fished very lightly and is in amazing condition. Blank is beautiful with no imperfections. Cork is clean as is the reel seat. Rods like this are seldom seen in this condition. The blank is the same as the Signature Series with less flash. Action is medium by todays standard and flexes close to handle. Very nice dry fly rod. These rods did not come with factory tube but a Powell compartment tube will be provided to the new owner. Selling off collection to pay for school.
$220 shipped priority mail insured to US. Have not been able to add photos on this site. Interested parties forward email and I will forward pics.

Rich Morrison
01-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Very nice rod here. I sold it to him a while ago. I know he's new on this forum but I've been dealing with him for years and he's a great guy and is very particular about the condition of his rods. His stuff is always in top notch condition. And you won't find a better graphite trout rod than the WB/SS mod action rods in any of the 8', 8.5', and 9' 4-5wt configurations. They are superb casting rods.
Rich

mtnhiker85
01-31-2017, 07:13 PM
Price drop. $195 shipped to U.S. Very nice example of Press Powell work. Action is incredible on these signature series light weight blanks.