PDA

View Full Version : A little fishing in between the storms......

cdevine
01-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Got a window to hit the eastern sierra's today. The mountains were glorious as I popped over echo summit into the hope valley. I looked at the temp gauge and it was a balmy -2 right at Sorenson's about 7am. brrrr.... Lots and lots of snow. Myers looks buried. Haven't seen the mtn's like that in ages. Thank god.

As I made my way over to the East Walker I drove by a much fuller Topaz Lake and a nicely flowing West Walker. Make no mistake today was not an ideal day on the EW. It never got above 24 degrees and I can tell you I was all alone. But surprisingly I found some good water and some willing fish. Around 2pm got a really nice midge hatch where some small guys were sipping. So I tied on a griffith gnat and bam! Pretty fun to get some risers in the winter time. Nothing big but I can't complain.

If you got out an snowboarded or skied today I'm jealous. You probably made the right choice.

Here are a couple pics from today.

Sheepdog8404
01-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Nice work! I wish I could have joined you. Glad to hear someone is out there finding fish still!

cdevine
01-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Thanks Sheepdog. I guess I got sick of talking about the weather and decided to just get out there and do some fishing. The guides "icing" up frequently was a bit annoying and I had some loon product wax stuff I couldn't find. (just when I needed it of course).