PDA

View Full Version : WTB Fly Tying Vise

Travis A
12-14-2016, 11:27 PM
So my cheap starter kit fly tying vise finally self destructed on me so I'm looking to upgrade to a better vise. Does anyone have a spare or used vise laying around they would be willing to part with? I'm hoping to spend less than $100 if possible but do want to invest in a quality rotary vise if I can.

Thanks for the help!

Travis A
12-21-2016, 12:13 AM
Bump..willing to pay for a quality rotary vise. Does nobody have an old one around? Or does anyone have suggestions on a cheaper brand vise that's worth trying? I'd love to spend more on a fancy one but finances won't allow at the moment.

Jet
12-21-2016, 06:02 PM
I would google fly tying vice sale... Peak, Renzetti and dyna-king .. check the traveler models... work just fine. The first 2 are just ~$50 over your budget. You may find a deal on e-bay.

Good Luck,

Jet

P.S. I loaned my dyna-king prince to my brother about 5 years ago.. I told him he could use it till he found something he liked. I guess he's still looking?

pgw
12-22-2016, 11:57 AM
Check a little farther down the list of For Sale items for this great deal...

http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?38763-Norvise-Fly-Tying-Vice-w-accessiories

The chairman of the board here (the person to whom I'm related by marriage) pointed out that I already have an "office" and "travel" vise an made it clear that I would end up paying more than I imagined if I bought the NorVise.

Good Luck.

flyfshrmn
12-25-2016, 02:21 AM
I tie on a NorVise and will never go back to a standard or use any of the other so-called rotary vises. As far as the purchase goes,
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

bg