PDA

View Full Version : Wtb Airflo Coldwater Striper line

rollcast
12-12-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm looking for a delta striper line for an 8wt rod. I like the Airflo 40+ coldwater line S7. Anyone have a lightly or unused one they can spare?

Tony Buzolich
12-12-2016, 08:54 AM
If you're unable to find this line anywhere, I have two brand new ones that have never been out of the box. This is my absolute favorite striper line I've ever used and have been hoarding these for when I loose or damage one that's on my rod now.

I'll repeat, These ARE new. Tony

rollcast
12-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Thanks Tony, I bought one on clearance lat year I think from Sierra Trading post, for about $30! I should have grabbed more, I like it way better than the Rio Outbound custom line. If you want to part with one, just let me know. I'll keep hunting around also.

Tony Buzolich
12-12-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't know what a "delta II full line" is. All I do know is that the Airflo is made of polyurethane coating as compared to all the other brands which use and have vinyl coatings. Vinyl over time becomes brittle and cracks. If you have ANY older lines of any weight or brand you will begin to find cracks down to the core as they age. Vinly is also very sensitive to heat and cold as are the cores of all fly lines. That's why you'll see lines labeled as "tropical" or sometimes as "coldwater".

The Airflo 40+ Sniper lines is also a great casting line that lays out almost perfectly without much effort. AND, it its extremely sensitive to any slight tap or bump from a fish, so you feel everything when you're fishing. Lastly, when you SET, and you know it's a fish, you have little or no STRETCH. so you get a much better hook-set when there's a grab.

Yah, Can you tell I like this line? Tony