PDA

View Full Version : Super moon sucks....

Darian
11-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Unless you're out looking at it on a cold/clear morning. My fishin' partner and I met up with Maury Hatch at Korth's to chase some Stripers. The tide was so high, some of the area around Tower Park Marina looked to be flooded. Just a bit breezy. Conditions looked great, lot's of moving water. We went up the Mokelumne to Beaver Slough and found nothing. On the trip back into Franks, the wind picked up and produced quite a chop; had to find some water that wasn't stirred to a froth.

We went Runnin'/gunnin' until finally we made into the Stockton deep water channel. One of the coves in that area proved to be "on fire" for about an hour. My partner caught a number of 3-4 pound Black Bass and I caught a few as well. No legal Stripers caught. However, on one of our last stops, some seals were fishing the same water. One of 'em caught a good size Striper from the size of it's tail. Photo's later if they come out.

The fly equipment is top notch, the burritos were hot and great with coffee. Always a good day on Maury's boat. :cool:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-17-2016, 05:09 AM
I have some 'full moon stories' I tell from time to time but who knows......sometimes you just have to go.

Scott V
11-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Caught over 30 stripers last Sunday in Disco. Mostly small guys, but I caught over 30.

Larry S
11-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Hey Scott,
Miss your posts! About a month ago, we saw a dead schoolie striper on the beach at
San Diego's Black Beach. The Western Outdoor News (WON) usually reports a striper catch
or two off of SOCAL beaches.
Best to you,
Larry S

Darian
11-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Scott,.... We caught a number of dink Stripers, too. No big concentrations on the fish finder. Some of 'em weren't much bigger than the flies we were throwing. I think the largest numbers and sized fish are still out west (Montezuma Slough area) but it was far too windy to run out there.

Maybe we should've tried night fishing with that super moon (???). Casting large black patterns; fairly bright even after dark. Oh well,.... Still a good time. :cool: