PDA

View Full Version : Warning to all who post negative messages on our board.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-03-2016, 11:07 AM
We have a reoccurring problem on our nice little message board that is mostly ego driven.

For some reason we seem to attract a few people who like to be argumentative or critical of others who post here.

*I am in total control of this message board so I can eliminate anyone at any time.

Please let me know if you read anything that seems inappropriate because I have a reading handicap which keeps me from reading everything that is posted here daily. I have a few of our members who try to keep me updated on anything that is not correct or gentlemanly.

**A sad thing to report is that we have lost some really wonderful message board members over the years who got tired of being abused here after trying to post good info about a fishery they guide on or fish regularly. This makes me upset.....

Thank to all the wonderful members who make this message board worth while.

Mr T
11-03-2016, 11:30 AM
A benign dictator- I like it!

Its a great board- glad to see you want it to stay that way.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Thanks Mr T...........

Sheepdog8404
11-03-2016, 01:43 PM
You've got my support, Bill!

EricO
11-03-2016, 01:57 PM
You go Bill!!! I like that kind of moderation!

Eric

JasonB
11-03-2016, 03:07 PM
I've generally liked how this forum has mostly positive and helpful posts, with lots of good stuff to learn. I can say that I personally have gotten quite a lot out of it in my short time here, and I think I've also helped share some good stuff with others too. It's a shame that some sort of combative energy seems to find it's way into most online platforms. I'll try to keep to my own basic formula of not posting things I wouldn't say to a fellow angler in person. There really shouldn't be any need to say it... but thank you for saying it anyway. Thanks for keeping this forum such a friendly and helpful community!
JB

grnwtrs
11-03-2016, 03:14 PM
You go Bill!!! I like that kind of moderation!

Eric

Thank you for saying IT. I really like the way Bill takes care of it (including his sharp eyed helper's)

This is the place for great fishing!!

Best regards.
gene

johnsquires
11-03-2016, 04:43 PM
That's great, Bill.
I used to frequent the North American FF Forum. A small number of members there ruined it for me with their negative and critical posts, at times even using the forum to espouse their political and/or social philosophies. I stress that it was a small number. But apparently the moderators did not see fit to step in and put an end to it, so I just don't visit that forum anymore.
I appreciate your stance and I appreciate the decorum and the civility of the members of this forum.

Bob G
11-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Hi Billy -

Thank you so very much for your excellence! I view your great results twice a day, everyday.

Best Regards, Bob

Carl Blackledge
11-03-2016, 07:13 PM
We have a reoccurring problem on our nice little message board that is mostly ego driven.

For some reason we seem to attract a few people who like to be argumentative or critical of others who post here.

*I am in total control of this message board so I can eliminate anyone at any time.

Please let me know if you read anything that seems inappropriate because I have a reading handicap which keeps me from reading everything that is posted here daily. I have a few of our members who try to keep me updated on anything that is not correct or gentlemanly.

**A sad thing to report is that we have lost some really wonderful message board members over the years who got tired of being abused here after trying to post good info about a fishery they guide on or fish regularly. This makes me upset.....

Thank to all the wonderful members who make this message board worth while.

Bill,

I haven't seen anything like what you mentioned in a very long time.......However sometimes people have different opinions in fly fishing, which I personally find healthy and constructive. I always listen to both sides.

My 2 cents

Carl Blackledge

steveg137
11-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Thanks Bill
This is a great forum.
I've learned a lot and enjoy visiting every day.
Appreciate the moderation Bill.

roywest
11-04-2016, 11:55 PM
This forum is a treasure. Thanks for protecting it, Bill.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-05-2016, 05:36 AM
Thanks everyone....

If you see anything that needs my attention please tell me about it.

We are so lucky to have our own little message board that was started by Alan Barnard and then worked on by my 'techy' helpers Eugene Graham and Gregg Machel.

I am glad that the new owner, Steve Jensen, and manager, Gary Eblen, like the Forum too and appreciate it's value to the sport.

Again, thanks to all who come here and especially those who post.

Mark Kranhold
11-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Fully support you Bill! This is a great forum and I love how you posted this just in time for Steelie season. The steelhead thread seems to be the one where lots of folks come with fists raised! :eek: Thanks again for the best forum!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mark....

The Steelhead category is the one that seem to get the most unwanted, mean spirited, ungentlemanly posts.

Lots of big egos around the Steelhead fly fishing scene.

Please refrain from attacking someone who posts something you don't agree with.

Try to say it in a nicer way.....

donkeyhunter007
11-13-2016, 08:14 AM
We are so lucky to have such a an awesome local board to post.
Thank you Bill and your helpers, and the new management for keeping it going.

TyV
11-15-2016, 01:44 AM
Thank you Bill. Really appreciate all you have built in the community and online. Something about the anonymity of the internet seems to bring out the worst among some. Like mom always said "If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything." It isn't that hard to do. Thanks again!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-15-2016, 06:06 AM
Thanks TyV.....all seems to be well.