PDA

View Full Version : Baja 2017

small_creek_flyfisher
11-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone will be fishing around the Los Barillos area in the spring.
My fishing buddy can't go next spring due to work commitments and I'm looking for someone to fish with for a few days. I haven't booked the trip yet, but I'm looking at a week in May.
Please PM or email me at small_creek_flyfisher@hotmail.com me if your planning a trip around that time.

Thanks
Steve.

Baja Fly Fisher
11-01-2016, 06:16 PM
What week you looking at. I might be there and can drive down from La Paz
Jay

Carl Blackledge
11-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Steve,

I would be very careful and apprehensive going to Baja in 2017, 2015 was terrible and 2016 for the most part was a complete bust. If you book with somebody ask a lot of questions and get lots of references from reliable people.

Last year I booked for my standard Month and came home after the first week, the water temps were way too cold and there wasn't any bait for chum. Now after all the above being said, I am still booked for 2017, however this year I am heading down there with a very negative outlook and I am being very prepared to leave after the first week if's it's not up to par. Be very dubious about 2017, sorry to be so negative, perhaps I am too honest.

Carl Blackledge

small_creek_flyfisher
11-02-2016, 10:34 AM
PM sent......