PDA

View Full Version : Boston Whaler Super Sport Classic 15

drycreekvalley
11-01-2016, 01:12 PM
!!!SOLD!!!

I bought this boat specifically for flyfishing stripers in the Delta and it brought a lot of nice fish to hand out there. I had it at a couple of Dan's Striperfests and a number of folks told me to let them know if it ever came up for sale. I talked to Dan and he suggested I should post it here.

Well, with the move up north we made a few years ago and a growing family we are changing the mix of our personal fleet a bit to match conditions. Wasn't planning to sell this boat as you can tell from all of the newly added items. It's a great boat for a bunch of applications. Just reach out if you want to know more.

Boston Whaler Super Sport 15 w/rare center console and full railing. This is a fantastic boat for the Sound, lakes or Brewster on the Columbia. Second owner, great condition with lots of newly installed components. Boat was sold new in California in 1990. Lots of new gear added as I was not planning to sell this boat. This boat is turnkey ready to fish and crab. Boat has been maintained and serviced by 3 Rivers Marine in Woodinville, feel free to contact them for history.

$7,500.00 *Price drop*
1989 hull
1990 70HP Yamaha w/auto oil mix
Lower unit just serviced (lube and impeller) w/ zero hours
Brand new kicker bracket custom built from Whaler original pony bracket blueprints
Two relatively new 6 gallon fuel tanks
Brand new anchor hatch cover just installed
Brand new bilge pump (never used)
2 Tempress pedestal seats
Desirable and rare center console configuration
Full railing package ala Montauk
Pacific galvanized trailer
LED trailer lighting
Brand new trailer jack
Bow mounted electric trolling motor (Minn Kota)
Rail mounted rod holders
Rail mounted canon downrigger bracket
Registration paid thru 2017

Hull is in great shape as you can see from the pictures

You can reach me at whifflinggeese@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Really solid boat here......Perfect for two anglers in the Delta, rivers, inshore or lakes.

drycreekvalley
11-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Thanks Bill, yes I didn't say so in the previous post but we had some great trips out of Bodega in this boat as well. About as versatile boat as you can get in this size.

And it is fast! Top speed on the GPS is just as Whaler advertised with a 70hp motor...42mph. Makes that Franks to Mildred run seem like nothing.

drycreekvalley
02-21-2017, 06:29 PM
With better weather just around the corner I thought I would bring this back up for sale. Price drop to 7,500.00

Kaiyasdad
02-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Nice whaler and looks to be well taken care of. Had one too and repowered with a Honda 50 and still could not sell it for what you are asking though.

drycreekvalley
03-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the interest I received from board members here. The boat is sold and on it's way to a new home in the San Juan Islands.

Thomass1
05-28-2021, 06:02 AM
Sorry for bumping this thread!

I know that I am a new member but I want to know if you don't want to sell your boat?

I want to buy it because I love this model and I have special memories of this boat.

Thanks!

JamesArthur
05-28-2021, 06:32 AM
I think this boat was sold and you might contact the user that created this post, maybe he has another or similar boat. I remember back in 2015 I bought a similar boat after I won some money on https://newslotgames.net/megaway.html and I can tell you for sure that this bought is unique even for today. I know nowadays there are better boats but this boat contains a history of some unique moments I had in my life, so this boat will never be old for me.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-28-2021, 06:59 AM
These old original Boston Whalers are an iconic boat, very suited for fishing.

These old hulls last forever and are rebuilt over and over again with new motors.

My old friend Ted "Doc" Cedar of Fairfield/Vacaville had this same boat from new for many decades.

If first had a 70hp Evinrude/Johnson 2 stroke on it.

After he worn that one out he got a new 60hp Mercury 4 stroke on it.

He move down to southern Cal to be near family in his older years but still uses his 15' Whaler on bass lakes.

Today he is on his third motor, another Mercury 60hp 4 stroke.

Over the years I saw thousand of the old Classic Boston Whalers, all over the World.

The 13' was extremely popular and some of my friends had that one with a Evinrude/Johnson 35hp on it.

The 17' Montauk was probably the most popular that was rated for 100hp.

Friends over at Lawson's Landing on Tomales Bay had the 17, 19 and 21 footers.

Here are specs for these old well loved boats......

https://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/specifications.html