PDA

View Full Version : Streamer Fishing Techniques by Ard Stetts

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-27-2016, 02:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnNGdB-F8qM&feature=youtu.be

Larry S
10-27-2016, 05:12 PM
I know Ard and his wife Nancy via the Internet and the original Spey pages site.
His web site is - http://akflyfishingguide.com/
He works out of Wasilla and fishes some of the "off the beaten path" waters.
I hope to fish with him in the next few years. His web user name is "Hardy Reels."
Absolutely a top-notch, first class couple. Check out his web site.
Best,
Hoping for rain here in Sun Diego,
Larry S

James W
10-27-2016, 08:22 PM
I know Ard and his wife Nancy via the Internet and the original Spey pages site.
His web site is - http://akflyfishingguide.com/
He works out of Wasilla and fishes some of the "off the beaten path" waters.
I hope to fish with him in the next few years. His web user name is "Hardy Reels."
Absolutely a top-notch, first class couple. Check out his web site.
Best,
Hoping for rain here in Sun Diego,
Larry S

Don't wait too long, he's planning on guiding professionally just one more year.

JPS
10-28-2016, 08:24 AM
I used to run into Ard on Spring Creek in central PA back in the early 90's. He was catching the big fish I only saw while electrofishing while at work. He was one of the very few who fished streamers consistently and well. Most of us were wedded to match the hatch dry fly fishing. I started streamer fishing because of the influence of these guys. It really works. All of the largest trout I have ever caught came on streamers. I still don't fish streamers as often as I should.

JMorgan
10-29-2016, 04:56 PM
This is a very educational video for both two handers and singles. So happy to see him give this method that is so honest and productive. Thanks for posting this one

Ard
10-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Hello Everyone!

I was quite surprised when I found that the video we made was listed here. I had an e-mail from Larry and I ask where he found the video, he linked me here and I then registered with your group.

I was also surprised to read what JPS wrote into the reply above because I tried to remain very secretive about my fishing on that particular creek :) I've been gone from all my old haunts since 2014 when I decided that instead of visiting a special place a few times each year I would pick one and then go there to live. There's a lot to explain regarding how I got here and what I do but I won't start my membership with all of that. Instead I'll cruise around your website and read the content which will help me to know when to say something and maybe what to say.

I'll check in tonight because I have to get outta here and go fish a while. The ice is being held at bay due to a warm front and the bite is coming in late afternoon.

Thanks so much for posting that video and for all the generous comments that people have made regarding what I tried to share with everyone.

Ard

Larry S
10-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Both Sh and DH fly folks can benefit from Ard's advice and postings; his web site is a veritable gold mine .

TyV
10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Welcome Ard. This community is, for the most part, very kind and generous. We share ideas and experience...because we will never live long enough to learn it all on our own lol. Thanks for joining the circus. Appreciate all you are kind enough to share with our group.

James W
10-30-2016, 08:56 PM
You might check out the North American Fly Fishing Forum, Ard has been a moderator and huge contributor for a long time.

Ard
11-01-2016, 03:26 PM
That's true James but since I've found my way here it would be my intention to contribute some things into this forum if it seems there is a time for that. I would be just as happy writing here as a member as anywhere else so what can I post?