PDA

View Full Version : Joe Shirshac is 94 today.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-25-2016, 06:18 AM
Retired Sacramento City Fire Fighter, Joe is a local Nor Cal Fly Fishing legend.

50 years ago when I started working in the fishing tackle business in Sacramento Joe supplied many of the local sporting goods stores with his special Shad flies that he tied all year at the fire house between calls.

Old Joe has had huge effect on many by taking us fly fishing with him around the world over the past 50 plus years.

Joe took groups of anglers to Labrador for Brook Trout, Nova Scotia for Atlantic Salmon, New Zealand for big trout, Christmas Island for Bonefish, the Tsiu River in Alaska for Silver Salmon and the Brooks River in Alaska for Sockeye and Rainbows.

Give Joe a call or a text or email him a happy 94th.....

916/541-9909

shirshacj@yahoo.com

Larry S
10-25-2016, 04:39 PM
Thanx Bill. Sent him an email. One of the pictures that used to come up on your previous format
was of Joe banging out a fly while wading in chest deep water. I just breezed by the 78-mark and
still navigate the cliffs @ La Jolla Farms - Torrey Pines twice a week. Pretty sure that pales by comparison
with Ironman Joe.
Living legend comes to mind.
Best,
Larry S

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Without Joe's help and some other members of the Greatest Generation I probably would not have done so well with my fly shop.