PDA

View Full Version : Maggie Merriman

pgw
10-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Maggie left us on September 30th, she was a friend who always had time to pass the time of day, talk about fishing and wish people well. The link below is from today's Bozeman Daily Chronicle.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/obituaries/margaret-maggie-merriman/article_bd011dca-5810-5e1a-93ff-57d191846c4f.html

Larry S
10-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Reading her obit made me feel a bit sad for her passing and for me never
meeting her. She enriched many lives and left this Earth a better place.
RIP, Maggie-
Let's hoist one in her memory!
Best,
Larry

Charlie S
10-21-2016, 07:27 PM
She was a grand Lady and helped so many.

Lance Gray
10-24-2016, 01:43 PM
I am sad to hear about Maggie. She was wonderful.

I meet Maggie when I worked at Powell's and was traveling with the late Warren Schoth from Cortland. She was a wonderful and amazing caster. many time Joan mentioned she was better than her. Maggie had a wit that would rival even the largest personalities. She was a great steward of fly fishing and many people owe their livelihood to her in the sport of fly fishing.

I will never forget her out casting all the great caster at the Denver FTD show and winning $100 cash. She took the money to the bronco bar which was in one of the old hotels everyone staid at and bought a run of drinks for all.

I fished with her a couple of times on Silver Creek and the Big Bear in Idaho. I was just a kid in my twenties but I would sit on the bank and watch her work a run. It seemed every cast she had a fish.

She will be greatly missed to all of us that knew this great lady of fly fishing and of teaching our sport.

Larry S
10-27-2016, 11:28 AM
Yesterday's edition of the Midcurrent Fly Fishing News has a beautiful rendition of a fly called
" The Maggie." Wonder if it's related to the late Ms Merriman?