PDA

View Full Version : First time in area

luvtfish
10-17-2016, 03:12 PM
I will be staying in Dunsmuir from the 26th to the 30th of this month fishing this area for the first time. Want to try the Upper Sac, McCloud and the Trinity. If anyone has any info as to making this a better trip would be very appreciative for any information. I am 63 and have wanted to fly fish this area for a long time now and am finally getting the chance. maybe I will run into some of you out there. Tight lines and thank you. Stuart

TyV
10-17-2016, 10:48 PM
I will be staying in Dunsmuir from the 26th to the 30th of this month fishing this area for the first time. Want to try the Upper Sac, McCloud and the Trinity. If anyone has any info as to making this a better trip would be very appreciative for any information. I am 63 and have wanted to fly fish this area for a long time now and am finally getting the chance. maybe I will run into some of you out there. Tight lines and thank you. Stuart

http://www.tedfay.com/

Call and go into the local shop in Dunsmuir. They will for sure treat you right and be your best source for info.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-18-2016, 12:22 AM
You should have some luck on all three rivers.....good time of year.

luvtfish
10-18-2016, 05:49 AM
You should have some luck on all three rivers.....good time of year.

Bill, thanks for the reply, I was told about that fly shop by the gentleman that owns the cabin I am renting. I intend to go there for sure. Thanks again for the reply, can't wait to fish that area. Stuart

yankeefanbob
10-19-2016, 10:20 AM
http://www.tedfay.com/

Call and go into the local shop in Dunsmuir. They will for sure treat you right and be your best source for info.

Right you are.....I talked to owner Bob and shop guy Rick 2 weeks ago while in Dunsmuir on a fishing trip to the McCloud/Upper Sac, they are good gents filled with tons of knowledge and know how!!

luvtfish
10-19-2016, 02:53 PM
Thanks, yankeefanbob will let you know how I do. Stuart