PDA

View Full Version : Klamath- Oct 3, 4,5 or 4,5 6 2016

JayDubP
09-24-2016, 05:48 PM
My fishing buddy is flaking out, but I am going anyway. If anyone will be there and want to shuttle together, let me know. If not I will use my folding bike/folding trailer to haul everything upriver and pack the bike/trailer on rear of my Watermaster Kodiak- so if you see me give a yell.

I am open to changes, but at present I plan to fish 1) Orleans to Aitkens; 2) Aitkens to Confluence of Trinty & Klamath; and 3) above Somes Bar above/below Green Riffle. Will be in dispersed camping on the river. Will change the float(s) if fish are lower down.

I will drive up Tues 10/4 pm and fish Weds 5 thru Sun 10/9.

Jim

grnwtrs
09-25-2016, 03:10 PM
You might want to check in with John, the camp host at E-Ne-Nuk campground (former Bluff Creek campground) before launching
your rubber boat.

To float from Orleans to Aitkens is a pretty ambitious float. Not many drift boats do that long of a drift.
I'm not sure if the lower Sac. is a comparable drift to a drifts on the sections of the Klamath you have outlined.

Green's Riffle is still classic water to fly fish, should be ready by now.

To bad they closed the section below ISHI PISHI falls to the confluence with the Salmon.

Regards,gene

JayDubP
09-26-2016, 09:15 AM
You might want to check in with John, the camp host at E-Ne-Nuk campground (former Bluff Creek campground) before launching
your rubber boat.

To float from Orleans to Aitkens is a pretty ambitious float. Not many drift boats do that long of a drift.
I'm not sure if the lower Sac. is a comparable drift to a drifts on the sections of the Klamath you have outlined.

Green's Riffle is still classic water to fly fish, should be ready by now.

To bad they closed the section below ISHI PISHI falls to the confluence with the Salmon.

Regards,gene

Thanks for the input. I will check with John & may stay there my first night. I have fished/floated that area many times and used the "Orleans to Aitkens" as a general area. My Klamath steelheading floats are 3- 4 miles of river (depends on how much of the fishing will be out-of-boat)-- and usually where it is not practical for drift boats to launch or take out. With the Watermaster I do not need to drive right to the water to launch or take out, I just need a trail to carry the boat.

Jim