PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Ed Wahl
09-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Mike McKenzie's in a bad way. Apologies to Dan Blanton for copying this, I hope it's ok.

Here's a link to Dan's board, KD is keeping us updated on Mike's condition.

http://www.danblanton.com/viewmessage.php?id=203044

Mark Kranhold
09-19-2016, 08:44 PM
This is very sad! Thanks for posting this Ed, sending positive thoughts to Mike and his family. I wish him well and a speedy and healthy recovery!

STEELIES/26c3
09-19-2016, 09:14 PM
This is very sad news indeed.

When I think of all the good folks who have committed much of their time/life steadfastly involved in fighting the good fight to protect our fisheries and our fishing privileges... Mike McKenzie is at the top of that list. I have never even met the man but he has made a tremendous impression on me and an even more tremendous impact on the things that mean the most to me. Look back on the CONSERVATION threads on this board and his name is all over it.

My father goes in for colon cancer surgery this Wednesday and so while I am in the hospital with my family and friends pulling for pops, I will be pulling for Mike too.

Thanks for all you have done Mr. McKenzie BUT... don't you go anywhere just yet

I (AND THE DELTA/FISHERIES) need you to keep fighting the good fight with us.

><))))>

Marty Gingras
09-21-2016, 02:51 PM
When I think of all the good folks who have committed much of their time/life steadfastly involved in fighting the good fight to protect our fisheries and our fishing privileges... Mike McKenzie is at the top of that list.

This. Mike is an extremely good and generous man. Persistent, civil, and wise in pursuit of fishing interests. Back in 2005 he introduced me to on-line fishing forums as a way to inform discussion about the status and management of fisheries.

ycflyfisher
09-21-2016, 09:27 PM
I hope Mike pulls through this. Awful news.

PS-26C3: Hope your dad's surgery went well.

STEELIES/26c3
09-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks and yes, in the words of his surgeon (Dr. Kranthi K. Achanta) it went perfectly... :)
He's in very good hands and should be home in a week.