PDA

View Full Version : Sage 3300

Idadon
09-16-2016, 08:44 AM
Just got back from my regular Friday morning garage sale run. Came across one sale that had the usual push button fishing poles with broken tips. But sitting on one of the tables was a Sage reel pouch and inside a Sage 3300 fly reel. Had a sticker on it saying $30 FIRM. I didn't even haggle with the guy just paid him his $30 and giggled all the way home. The reel, except for a very small nick on the bottom of the fram, looks unused. It's spooled up with a SA Headstart WF5F, an economy line for such a nice reel click/pawl reel. I love Idaho garage sales!!

Question is do I sale it or use it. I've got a 5 wt and a 6 wt just looking for a nice reel. I know this is a very light reel so it seems the 5 wt might be the better choice. Does anybody remember the line capacity on this reel? As I recall it was advertised as a 5/6 but don't remember the backing capacity. Would appreciate any info or reviews on this reel...... Thanks

Mark Kranhold
09-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Nice score for 30 bucks!! If you need a reel for a 5 or 6 I'd fish it, that reel will bring you good mojo for a find like that! It looks like it will hold plenty of backing for you, plus you can palm it for more drag. Check out the specs here!

Idadon
09-16-2016, 09:45 AM
Hey Mark! Appreciate the attachment and I can read the write-up fine, but my iPad won't expand the spec table enough for me to read the technical specs. It just blurs out enough that it's not readable. If you can would you give me the stuff for the 3300? Seems like this is a very lite weight reel so I'm wondering about using it on my Orvis Frequent Flyer 5 wt.

Mark Kranhold
09-16-2016, 10:06 AM
Sorry for that I just looked at it as well, the picture didn't transfer over good. The 3300 line wt 5/6 and backing capacity with a #6 line is 100 yards of 20 pound backing with a reel weight of 4 ounces. The specs didn't say if it was a DT or WF 6 line with 100 yards of 20# backing

Idadon
09-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Thanks! Tight Lines!!!!