PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new color or color combinations for my topwater flies!!:)

cutwrk2fish
09-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I'm getting seriously bored with the same ol same ol colors and was hoping to get some new ideas from your guys being flies or even lures. Thanks in advance for all your ideas. A

Darian
09-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Seems like it might be good to copy the colors of productive plugs used by gear guys. Such as, all black, grey/white (Shad), Red head/white or yellow wing/tail, frog head, olive wing. Lots of color combo's to explore.... :cool:

briansII
09-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Nice flies! Are these your ties? If so, where did you get the heads?

It's not going to get you out of your boredom, but I would add some all black ties. Maybe black and purple. Pink too.

briansII

cutwrk2fish
09-02-2016, 03:03 PM
thank you for the suggestion on looking through catalogs, I guess I'm kind of dumb because I did that with my other flies!! thanks again for the suggestion! Angel

cutwrk2fish
09-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Hi Brian, yes these are my flies lol 3 years in the making. I have to drumel the heads myself to make them zig zig the way I want them to similar to the famous poledancer but lighter and more consistent of movement. Thank you for the complement and its kind of funny but the customer I'm tying for just suggested the black over purple LOL thanks again. Angel