PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to Kienes Fly Shop and Tim

Bwag
08-17-2016, 07:56 AM
I've got a new rod being delivered tomorrow and needed an airflo 360 Scandi for it by Monday as I'm heading north .

My local shop doesn't carry airflo, so I called around to some of the larger online stores that popped up on a google search. Basically what I was told was airflo couldn't drop ship any because they are backlogged 2-3 weeks so I needed to find it in a store. I did find a shop that suggested I pay $15 shipping to get it to my door by Monday and another that didn't call me back.

Then I remembered I bought a few airflo lines from the Kienes shop when I stopped in to check out a few Burkheimer's so I knew they carried them. For as much time as I spend on the forum I don't know why the Kienes online store isn't more of a presence in my memory when I need to make an online purchase, it should be!

I checked the Kienes online store and couldn't find any so I called the store and Tim answered the phone. I can't say enough about the service he provided. Not only did Kienes have the line in stock but he had it packaged up and dropped off at the post office that day and it was well past 4 PM, he also took care of me on the shipping, not something I should have or was expecting but a pleasant surprise over paying $15 for a "yeah it should be there".

After taking care of my line issue, Tim spoke with me for a few minutes about the upcomming Spey Day 8/27 and 8/28. Kerry himself will be there with his line of rods for people to throw a line. I likely won't make it because I'll still be fishing but great information for him to have shared.

Just wanted to thank Tim and Kienes for the awesome shop and service!

-Bryan

Sheepdog8404
08-17-2016, 10:31 AM
That's Tim for ya! Everytime I go in there, Tim and I talk for a bit. He is a super nice and generous guy to! I couldn't tell you how many times he has bent over backwards to help me out when I was in a pinch.

Alosa
08-17-2016, 03:11 PM
It's that kind if service that keeps me going into fly shops and not buying over the internet. If more shops provided this kind of service fewer might being out of business...