PDA

View Full Version : Do you need any help with anything related to fly fishing?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-13-2016, 11:28 AM
I have been in the fishing tackle business in Sacramento for about 50 years so far.

I owned Kiene's Fly Shop for 30 years but sold it and am now semi-retired.

I am helping the shop by managing this forum but I am also working on the new expanded fly fishing travel agency that will have an all new web site launched soon.

If you are going on a trip anywhere I can help you get the right equipment and also get a casting tune up for that trip, especially if it is a salt water destination.

If you need any help with anything please call or text me almost any time, 7 days a week or you can email me too.

I know a little about almost every thing related to fly fishing or I can direct you to someone who knows more than me.

Boats is an area I am very familiar with because I have owned a ton and been in lots of other people's.

I have been on at least 30 tropical flats fishing trips with bonefish and baby Tarpon my big deal.

I love stillwater fly fishing (lakes) because it was how I started. It was in a float tube in Lake Solano in the 1960s.

I use to wrap rods and repair reels in a tackle shop for years. I can advise you with repairing your rod or reel.

I can also hep you plan a trip to almost anywhere in the world whether it is to Nor Cal for trout or Brazil for Peacock Bass?

I am also an FFF Certified Fly Casting Instructor. For years I worked for Sage, Fenwick, Mel Kreiger and Orvis teaching weekend fly fishing schools with head masters Al Perryman and Bob Giannoni.

My life in fly fishing has been all about fly casting so I am not a big promoter of indicator fishing. Many are already promoting that so I promote fishing in places at the time of year when you can cast a floating line, tapered leader and light fly. This can be for bass or baby Tarpon or Steelhead too.

I can direct you to a good fly casing instructor or fly fishing instructor or good guide to improve the quality of your fly fishing experience.

I can help you find a top fly fishing guide for almost any fishing you can imagine and I can help you plan it during what I call "prime time", when the fishing is supposed to be good.

Call me any time, even if it just to talk about a particular type of fishing.

I have help many people over my career to have a better experience with our lovely sport.

(I know there are a lot of "I"s in this but it is just all I could do.)

STEELIES/26c3
08-13-2016, 03:33 PM
That's really sweet to give back like that Bill.

I know I'm not alone in recognizing not just what a great resource you are but also what a great human being you are too.

And I'm a gear guy~;)

I do hope and expect you to be around a great many more years~

Tony Buzolich
08-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Bill,

You need more to do :) Tony

Jeff C.
08-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Thanks Bill for all that you have done!

yankeefanbob
08-25-2016, 07:43 AM
Hey Bill,

Any suggestions when the East Walker is ready to fly fish in the coming year, and what flies to throw. I'm planning on a camping/fishing trip in the area 2017. I'm sure the drought has caused the conditions to behave unusual, but with that in mind, with usual circumstances what's the character of the river say in June??

Thanks for your time sir,
Bob