PDA

View Full Version : Aitutaki - Bonefishing - Trip

Tony Buzolich
08-10-2016, 09:22 AM
If you've ever wanted to go to Christmas Island for bonefish, you've got to look at this trip I've scheduled for Oct. 23-29th. I loved Christmas Island this last Feb. and wanted more warm saltwater fishing. The SOUTH PACIFIC was always in my mind and I started looking and calling and watching all the YouTube videos, and this is what I found.

The largest bonefish in the world live in Aitutaki. Part of the Cook Islands and only a hop and a skip from an Air New Zealand hub on Rarotonga. Perfect, a direct flight from LAX. Found an affordable fly fishing lodge and started calling for more information about their fishing packages. Everything keeps getting better, they use the New Zealand dollar.

Here's what I booked: A twin villa for 5 nights, 5 days guided fishing, all meals, all airport transfers, fishing license, and even laundry.

So, How Much? $2485.00 "NEW ZEALAND" dollars equals " $1739.50" American U.S. dollars Incredibly cheap price.

This prices does not include getting there though, so I start looking around and found every Sunday night Air New Zealand flies direct to Rarotonga. From there it's a quick shuttle to Aitutaki and fishing.

Another great find was Air New Zealand has a SALE on this flight through the end of August for only $827.00 round trip. :)

Want to go ? I've got space for a couple more friends that like fishing the flats for bones and GT's and trevally galore.

Give me a call or write for more details. I'd love to have you come along. Tony

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/Rene20Vaz20Auckland_zpscaxrni17.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/buzolich/media/Rene20Vaz20Auckland_zpscaxrni17.jpg.html)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Ron Rabun is a local authority on the Cook Islands.

sushiluvr1@yahoo.com

Big Jim
08-22-2016, 07:51 PM
If you've ever wanted to go to Christmas Island for bonefish, you've got to look at this trip I've scheduled for Oct. 23-29th. I loved Christmas Island this last Feb. and wanted more warm saltwater fishing. The SOUTH PACIFIC was always in my mind and I started looking and calling and watching all the YouTube videos, and this is what I found.

The largest bonefish in the world live in Aitutaki. Part of the Cook Islands and only a hop and a skip from an Air New Zealand hub on Rarotonga. Perfect, a direct flight from LAX. Found an affordable fly fishing lodge and started calling for more information about their fishing packages. Everything keeps getting better, they use the New Zealand dollar.

Here's what I booked: A twin villa for 5 nights, 5 days guided fishing, all meals, all airport transfers, fishing license, and even laundry.

So, How Much? $2485.00 "NEW ZEALAND" dollars equals " $1739.50" American U.S. dollars Incredibly cheap price.

This prices does not include getting there though, so I start looking around and found every Sunday night Air New Zealand flies direct to Rarotonga. From there it's a quick shuttle to Aitutaki and fishing.

Another great find was Air New Zealand has a SALE on this flight through the end of August for only $827.00 round trip. :)

Want to go ? I've got space for a couple more friends that like fishing the flats for bones and GT's and trevally galore.

Give me a call or write for more details. I'd love to have you come along. Tony

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/Rene20Vaz20Auckland_zpscaxrni17.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/buzolich/media/Rene20Vaz20Auckland_zpscaxrni17.jpg.html)

Tony, I'm game. email me at davenbuild@comcast.net. Jim

Big Jim
08-22-2016, 07:56 PM
Tony.. tried to send you PM but box full
jim. davenbuild@comcast.net.

Tony Buzolich
08-22-2016, 09:49 PM
Jim,

Sorry about the box but I have no idea how to operate it. We're set to leave Oct.23and arrive Monday Oct.24 in Rarotonga. From there we catch a short flight to Aitutaki and guided fishing for the next 5 or even 6 days if you want. All meals, shuttles, lodging, even scooters for getting around are included at an unbelievable price of $1739.50 plus your airfare. And Air New Zealand has a sale going on with a direct flight to Rarotonga for $ 832.00.

Give me a call or write me a direct email and I can answer any questions you have about this trip. Thanks, Tony