PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Salmon?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Anyone have a recommendation for a place to catch an Atlantic Salmon that is not crazy expensive?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Anyone been for Atlantic Salmon?

Alosa
08-08-2016, 08:47 AM
I haven't done it, but you might give some thought to the Miramichi in New Brunswick, The Gaspe Penninsula in Quebec, or perhaps some of the rivers in Newfoundland and Labrador.

JPS
08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
I know some provinces you must hire a guide. Don't remember which ones. There are some great lakes tributaries that have atlantic salmon runs too. Someday I'd like to fish the Gaspe Pennisula but it isn't going to happen any day soon.

I don't know if it's ok to mention another forum on this forum so I apologize if I'm breaking any rules, but you might want to post this question on Spey Pages. There are a lot of members from the maritime provinces and great lakes region that fish for atlantic salmon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
We have no rules about mentioning other Forums....it is OK.

Many of us go to Spey Pages.

I will post it there too......thanks JPS.

Ned Morris
08-09-2016, 12:19 PM
To sum up what Alosa said....go to the Restigouche River Lodge. The largest Atlantic Salmon in North America go up that river. Prices are quite good when compared to other World Wide Destinations for Atlantic Salmon. You could probably do cheaper on Miramichi or some smaller streams on Nova Scotia, but for an all out fantastic first time for Atlantic Salmon trip that won't kill you financially Restigouche River Lodge cannot be beat IMHO.

PV_Premier
08-14-2016, 05:47 PM
St Marys River in the UP of Michigan. I have a contact if you need/want.

Lars Johannesson
08-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi Bill,

I assume you are asking about places on this continent, but if you're in Europe, Sweden in particular, there is a wild salmon population on the river Ätran in Falkenberg, and a day-pass there is only 120SEK, about $15. Nice, civilized river fishing right in the middle of a small Swedish city :). I was just there, and tried it for the first time in 27 years.

--Lars