PDA

View Full Version : TU Truckee Volunteer Event--->Free Beer--->Volunteers Needed!

SamTruckeeTU
07-21-2016, 11:10 AM
On Saturday, August 6, 2016, Trout Unlimited Truckee is hosting a volunteer event to enhance trout spawning habitat on the Little Truckee River.

The event starts at 9:30 am in the parking lot (fisherman's access) below Stampede Dam on Stampede Meadows Rd. We need you to help us place 10 cubic yards of gravel in key spawning locations for trout using buckets and shovels. We are looking for 50 volunteers.

Free Sierra Nevada beer for all over the age of 21 after the gravel is placed!

Bring wading attire, a reusable water bottle, and a shovel and/or bucket if you have one.

To sign up, please contact me (Sam Sedillo): ssedillo@tu.org or join the Facebook event here (http://www.facebook.com/events/1019438181485979/).

This is a great way to give back to the water we care about!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-23-2016, 06:57 PM
This would be a good thing to do.....

Probably meet some nice folks too.

tcorfey
07-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Barring an emergency at work I plan to be there.
I will be coming up from the bay area so can anyone recommend a good campground nearby?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-24-2016, 10:53 AM
Google "campgrounds near Boca and Stampede Reservoirs"......looks like there are a half dozen or more.

tcorfey
07-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks Bill,

I did that and I know of a couple due to my travels but, sometimes local info is helpful especially when it comes to where you are sleeping...

No worries though if no recommendations i will just take my best shot.

Regards,

Tim C.

SamTruckeeTU
08-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Just a reminder this event is happening this weekend! Thanks for all of the interest and support.

(Tim, looking forward to meeting you there. Thanks for coming up!)