PDA

View Full Version : House Passes Bill to Trim 1992 CVPIA - Specifically Striped Bass

OceanSunfish
07-06-2016, 02:18 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article87879102.html

All of a sudden the desert farmers are advocates for salmon?! Denham says, “in California, predation is rampant.” Hmmm.... does he also mean that non native Almond trees are preying on unnatural water supply (deliveries)?

More favorable legislation for an elite few............ Stupidity and Entitlement all wrapped into one........

CLAIM: Secure clean water supplies for 25 million Californians and 3 million acres of farmland.

FACT: In reality, 70 percent of the water used from the Delta goes for large industrial agriculture in the Southwestern San Joaquin Valley that contributes just 0.3% to the state’s GDP.

STEELIES/26c3
07-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Thanks for being involved in this.

It seems not many of us are and that saddens me.

I would like to see more folks on this and other fishing boards at least getting educated and getting the word out.

I understand apathy among the masses who don't fish but I don't get apathy among my friends who without fishing would feel lost...

Unfortunately, of all my die hard fishing buddies and ex fishing buddies... I can't remember a single one of them ever doing much about protecting our fisheries and striped bass in particular, only bitching about people who fish in "their" spot and/or harvest...

Pretty fucking selfish and pathetic~

STEELIES/26c3
07-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Senator FRANKEN-stein and Governor BROWN-nose care more about their perceived legacy than their actual legacy...