PDA

View Full Version : California a crap hole!!!!

winxp_man
07-06-2016, 05:24 AM
Sitting in 5k on the American with severe drought signs everywhere on i80!!!!!! This state is all backwards!!!!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-06-2016, 06:24 AM
$$$ runs the water.........

It is time to fight for a "minimum pool" on all our Nor Cal reservoirs.

__________________________________________________ ___

Home owners use less than 15% of the water but we have to conserve the most.

Many home owners have quite watering their properties all together and soon their big trees will die.

I think cutting back the 85% users would make more sense.

winxp_man
07-06-2016, 07:07 AM
Bill,

Being you have been around for a while has this always been a battle here in CA? Or is this more of a 2000's thing? I mean remember in '01 when that Shad season the water was about 2500. And not having problems till more recent times as more homes where built and farms sent down south!

James W
07-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Bill,

Being you have been around for a while has this always been a battle here in CA? Or is this more of a 2000's thing? I mean remember in '01 when that Shad season the water was about 2500. And not having problems till more recent times as more homes where built and farms sent down south!

Ahhh, you're kidding right?
1913 was when the LA Aqueduct was completed and the Owens river was tapped until it was maxed out, drying out Owens Lake in the early 1920's.
Water issues go back to even before then, and it's a highly complex history.

You might consider changing your post title to something less childish. California is an awesome place to live, and like everywhere we have our issues, but it's waaayyyy better in toto than anywhere I've ever lived or visited.

winxp_man
07-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Childish really???? Seems to me that posting signs on i80 about drought and pushing water down river at a stupid rate is childish. Oh and let's not forget that the counties around are granting more building land for homes. Funny because more homes equals more need for water. Making a simple judgement we are gonna be screwed. I guess we just need to get used to seeing Folsom like a river. And hey your entitled to your opinion. As for my title I don't feel I need to change it!

Thanks for the info about the passed though. Didn't know this about the water issues.

winxp_man
07-06-2016, 01:03 PM
$$$ runs the water.........

It is time to fight for a "minimum pool" on all our Nor Cal reservoirs.

__________________________________________________ ___

Home owners use less than 15% of the water but we have to conserve the most.

Many home owners have quite watering their properties all together and soon their big trees will die.

I think cutting back the 85% users would make more sense.

Bill agree 100% that there needs to be a reserve where sending water down needs to halt at.