PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Kiene forum

Dinky Jr
07-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Hi all,
I'm a long time lurker (and sometimes poster) on this board, and just wanted to write a note to thank all of you who post here. I've been out in CA for the past 12 years and this board has, bar none, been my go to source of education, tips, teaching, etc... and I've learned so much from all of you about fly fishing, geography, conservation, and the seemingly unanimously agreed upon advice to retire early.
My new bride (2 weeks under my belt as a married man!) and I just turned in the keys to our apartment in Oakland and our worldy possessions are packed in a truck heading to Denver, so my Calfornia fishing opportunities are about to become a lot less frequent. Despite this, I still will make the Kiene forum a daily stop on the internet because I learn so much from it and all of you. I've scoured Google for similar web forum that covers Colorado, but haven't found anything that comes close to comparing.
We've got two months until our new jobs in Denver begin, so after a month in Iceland/Scotland for our honeymoon we're flying back to CA to pick up our little camper and spend three weeks hitting our favorite areas of the state (Shasta, Lassen, Yosemite, and the Eastern Sierras) to fish our favorite spots and hike our favorite trails one last time. Keep an eye out for me... I'm the guy wearing a beat up Anchor Steam baseball cap.
Anyway, thanks again to all the people who post here and make it the incredibly informative, collegial, and educational place it is. Thanks also to Bill Kiene for starting the whole thing up. If any of you have any Colorado fishing advice, I'd love to hear from you... and if any of you live out there and are looking for a new fishing buddy, send me a message... I'll buy the beer.

Tight Lines,
Carl

johnsquires
07-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Good luck, Carl. Sounds like you've got a real handle on life.
If you ever want to do an Alaska wilderness trip, you know how
to find me.

EricO
07-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Sounds like some great adventure coming up. Good luck to you both.

Bring your fly rod to Iceland!!! I hear there are some awesome places.
Youtube it.

Eric

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks Carl

This is one of the best post I have ever read on our forum.

I am so happy for you.....

I am in Colorado Springs right now with the grand kids.

Don't be afraid to post questions about Colorado here.

STEELIES/26c3
07-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Hey that's awesome!

and ya know...

The reason there's so few internet fishing sites/forums in CO. is because there's so damn many rivers, creeks and trout that anglers are too busy fishin' and catchin' to bother with going online and talking about it~;)

Have fun with your new wife/life...