PDA

View Full Version : Brentwood/Disco Bay Help

jersey
06-24-2016, 06:59 AM
Have a chance to float tube this area, can someone PM a good place to launch? Not too familiar with this area.

Hoping for a few gills and bass.

Thanks

briansII
06-24-2016, 09:28 AM
You can park and launch at the marina in Discovery Bay. I don't believe the marina opens until 8:00, but you can still park and launch off the levee before they open.

briansII

Fly Right
06-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Have a chance to float tube this area, can someone PM a good place to launch? Not too familiar with this area.

Hoping for a few gills and bass.

Thanks

During the warm weather months Disco can be good for bass and warmouth around the docks and tight to the rocky structure. It is all private property except for the marina which is probably your best launch option. BTW they close their gates at 9pm so you need to be packed up and out by then.
Also be careful in the tube........lots of boats who can't see you. I fish it with a pontoon or a kayak and stay close to shore out of the boat lanes.

jersey
06-26-2016, 11:36 PM
Thank you both. Unfortunately, time didn't allow this weekend, but another hopefully soon.

Scott V
07-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Got 26 fish today in Disco from the float tube, nothing big. Bluegill, bass, and stripers. I always launch at Discovery Yacht Club. $5 to launch and nice safe place. Plus the Boardwalk Grill makes great food.