PDA

View Full Version : Bucket List

johnsquires
06-21-2016, 07:02 PM
Some of you may be fortunate enough to have knocked all the items on your BL. For those who have, tip of the hat for figuring it out and/or living long enough to accomplish that feat.
As for the rest of us, I think it would be interesting to see your BL and maybe get some input from those who have been there/done that.
As far as fly fishing, Chile is on the top of my list. I mean great fishing, great food, great wine, friendly people. I need to make that happen in the next few years.
As far as sightseeing, I'd love to see Torres del Paine in Patagonia and the Arrigetch Peaks in AK.
What's on your BL?

yubaman
06-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Chile or Argentina as well. New Zealand for sure. A 3-4 week van adventure with a buddy, just hitting the many, many rivers of California, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming as we go. Wife is not aware of that one of course!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-21-2016, 10:22 PM
I have done a lot of tropical salt water flats fishing so my Cuba trip next May is going to be a big one for me.

http://cubanfishingcenters.com/tortuga.php

johnsquires
06-22-2016, 09:29 AM
I have done a lot of tropical salt water flats fishing so my Cuba trip next May is going to be a big one for me.

http://cubanfishingcenters.com/tortuga.php

Cuba does sound amazing. And I love a good cigar.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Store manager Gary Eblen just returned from Cuba and said they got a lot of medium size Tarpon on the flats and some big Bonefish too.

Well, by 'medium size' he means 30 to 70 pounds....some over 100.

I am all over that 'medium size' Tarpon thing......yahoo.

I have caught thousands of baby Tarpon that run 5 to 30 pounds and I love them to death.

*I think we still have one spot left on my trip in May 2017.....

johnsquires
06-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Store manager Gary Eblen just returned from Cuba and said they got a lot of medium size Tarpon on the flats and some big Bonefish too.

Well, by 'medium size' he means 30 to 70 pounds....some over 100.

I am all over that 'medium size' Tarpon thing......yahoo.

I have caught thousands of baby Tarpon that run 5 to 30 pounds and I love them to death.

*I think we still have one spot left on my trip in May 2017.....

Sending a pm.