PDA

View Full Version : Inside SUV fly rod holder system

Gregg
06-06-2016, 10:28 AM
I have a early 2000's Suburban that we've pretty much converted over to full time camp/fish use. An ideas for an interior mount / rack option for fly rods? I've seen some DIY stuff with bungee cords/rope, and one made of PVC. Anyone have experience building one of these setups? I don't mind drilling into the ceiling of this truck to permanently affix something if it's unobtrusive, but it's getting to be time to get all these rods I never break down off the floorboard and into a safer and more organized spot. Thoughts? Links?

Thx -

Gregg

luckyt
06-06-2016, 02:08 PM
I have a early 2000's Suburban that we've pretty much converted over to full time camp/fish use. An ideas for an interior mount / rack option for fly rods? I've seen some DIY stuff with bungee cords/rope, and one made of PVC. Anyone have experience building one of these setups? I don't mind drilling into the ceiling of this truck to permanently affix something if it's unobtrusive, but it's getting to be time to get all these rods I never break down off the floorboard and into a safer and more organized spot. Thoughts? Links?

Thx -

Gregg

Gregg....call me, I have the perfect fix for your rods...Tom 916.599.5392

PV_Premier
06-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Thx -

Gregg

A friend of mine in my fly club has a bungee set up on his coat hooks. I will snap a photo of it later this month and text it to you. It works fine.

Cabelas sells this, it is pretty similar to what he uses:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/auto-atv/car-truck-suv/auto-interior/auto-fishing-rod-storage%7C/pc/104796180/c/630501480/sc/104697180/i/104329980/boat-buckle-174-rodbunk-deluxe-rod-carrier/703644.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FAuto-Fishing-Rod-Storage%2F104329980.uts

would work fine for all your sticks except your switch rod. can't beat the price.