PDA

View Full Version : June is one of our top months for most mid-elevation trout streams

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Try to get out soon while conditions are good.

Some streams like the NF of the Yuba R and the Truckee River are a little later starting most summers.

Upper Sac, McCloud and Pit Rivers are usually prime in June......

Get something on the calendar soon...........

cdevine
06-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I've been to a lot of places over the past 2 months. Here is what I can tell you. Anything that is "free stone" will be blown out until at least Mid to late June this year. I just got back from Eastern Sierra. East Carson, West Carson, West Walker, and all the creeks are basically not fishable. East Walker is in best shape in years. Currently at 215 CFS. Many big fish survived. Not many small ones did however. (at least from my trips). Still lots of snow up near Mammoth, Yosemite, etc. Hot Creek is double normal flows.

Truckee is very big but fishable. Been in the 750-1000 range depending on the snow melt down in canyon. Hasn't been easy because water temps are still hovering in the 48-53 range. LT is at 366 CFS. Can't remember the last time that happened.

Bill you are correct. Upper Sac and Mccloud are prime right now. Guess where I will be next week......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Wonderful report....looks like everything is pushed back a few weeks this year.

Maybe late June through July will be good this summer.