PDA

View Full Version : WTT: My Brand New Winston BIIIX 8'6" 5wt for Your Winston Micro Spey

fly swatter
05-30-2016, 02:07 PM
I have a brand new (never fished) Winston BIIIX 8'6" 5 wt rod that I would like to trade for a new or near new Winston Micro Spey rod in 3 wt, 4 wt, or 5 wt (preferably 3 or 4 wt). I am located in Seattle, WA; if you are in the Puget Sound area, so much the better. Please send me a private message if you are interested.

Sorry! I meant to post this in Classifieds, but can't figure out how to delete it here.

johnsquires
05-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Just an observation: Winston BIIIX, in my opinion, is one of the really great rods.

fly swatter
05-31-2016, 07:36 AM
Just an observation: Winston BIIIX, in my opinion, is one of the really great rods.

You're absolutely right! I think the folks at Winston are magicians with boron and graphite. For decades I was an avid bicyclist. When a bike is "dialed in" to rider for a perfect fit, it is often said that it disappears under you. Well, Winston rods are kind of like that for me. A well balanced Winston pretty much disappears in my hand and seems to become part of my arm.

This 5 wt BIIIX is one of those great fly fishing tools.