PDA

View Full Version : Part Time job opening at Independence Lake Preserve

John Sv
05-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Hi,
I work for the Truckee Donner Land Trust. We co-manage Independence Lake with the Nature Conservancy. Specifically we run the marina, among other things. I'm looking for some part-time help on one weekday, plus Saturdays and Sundays. Tasks include greeting visitors, filling out releases, getting visitors in and out of boats, and other general marina tasks. Pay is pretty small, but there is plenty of time for fishing! In addition you get permission to camp overnight while you are there. (Property is only open for day-use)

For those that do not know, as part of our aquatic invasive species management plan, we have a fleet of 3 16' Klamath boats with 10hp engines, about a dozen kayaks and 3 or 4 pontoons (fishing, not partying pontoons) that are free for the public to use. Independence Lake is a beautiful lake north of Truckee, about the size of Donner but 1000 feet higher. The Lake is home to CA's only wild native lacustrine Lahontan Cutthroat Trout, as well as non-native kokanee and brookies.

Thanks,
John

JOEBU11
06-09-2016, 11:32 PM
Hi,
I work for the Truckee Donner Land Trust. We co-manage Independence Lake with the Nature Conservancy. Specifically we run the marina, among other things. I'm looking for some part-time help on one weekday, plus Saturdays and Sundays. Tasks include greeting visitors, filling out releases, getting visitors in and out of boats, and other general marina tasks. Pay is pretty small, but there is plenty of time for fishing! In addition you get permission to camp overnight while you are there. (Property is only open for day-use)

For those that do not know, as part of our aquatic invasive species management plan, we have a fleet of 3 16' Klamath boats with 10hp engines, about a dozen kayaks and 3 or 4 pontoons (fishing, not partying pontoons) that are free for the public to use. Independence Lake is a beautiful lake north of Truckee, about the size of Donner but 1000 feet higher. The Lake is home to CA's only wild native lacustrine Lahontan Cutthroat Trout, as well as non-native kokanee and brookies.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

My name is Joe Butcoff, I just graduated from feather river college and have been looking for a job very similar to this. My friends dad saw this post and told me about it, so I looked at it and got really excited! I am turning 20 this month and could definitely use a couple extra bucks. Even though I know you said it may not be much, I would still love a job like this. Especially if it involves a lot of time for fishing! With that said, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks a lot,
Joe Butcoff

you can also reach me on my cell (916)-918-9411, or email butcoffj@gmail.com. I will be gone camping from the 10th to the 12th so if you try to contact me and I dont respond that would be why!