PDA

View Full Version : MFFR

Mark Kranhold
05-21-2016, 07:48 PM
Epic day on the beautiful Feather today! On the walk in baby turkeys with momma , baby geese on the water and a visit by a rather large otter who decided to snort at me. Swing up some magical rainbows on the 2wt. trout spey, absolute prestine beauty's! Lots of hatches going off today but I prefer to throw the meat to them! Olive sculpin patterns and a creamy yellow soft hackle were the ticket today. It just amazes me how adaptable these rainbows are , frigid winter water temps to sauna like bathtub water come mid summer. A very special rainbow in my book!11982119831198411985

Blueracer
05-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Uhhh wow Mark I'm glad it all came together to enjoy that sweet 2 wt. Good report.

JasonB
05-22-2016, 07:16 AM
Very nice! That is a very special part of the world, one of my very favorite parts of the Sierra, though I only fish up there every once in a blue moon. Nice fish there too, and on a 2wt spey! Must have been quite a blast.
JB

Jeff F
05-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Mark, were you fishing in the canyon (below Nelson Ck), or up around Graeagle/Sloat?

Looks like the water temps have risen on the MFF to get the fish active.

Mark Kranhold
05-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Brian, Jeff , it was above the Nelson creek canyon section. Water levels dropped quite a bit in 2 days but could go back up after Friday's snow melt? Didn't have my thermometer to take a temp but I will say I really wish the river would stay at these flows year around!

John Sv
05-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Good stuff Mark!
I had a nice day upstream from Camp Layman/downstream from Blairsden 2 weeks ago.