PDA

View Full Version : Buck's Outboard

JAWallace
05-17-2016, 07:47 AM
I've been using Sutter Marine for motor work when needed, and have been pleased, but tried Buck's this time as they came in quite a bit lower and had an earlier opening for some work on my Merc 60 4S that I preferred to have done professionally as it's a new to me motor.

I'm impressed. They agreed on a labor rate, and added some parts they discovered that needed replacing without additional labor charges. The work was well done, with the used parts neatly packaged for my inspection.The part prices were generally comparable to Internet pricing. Delivered on time, the mechanic went through the repairs with me to my satisfaction. Lenny at the front of the house is always a treat too. Plus I got a free hat. Or a $400 hat with free repairs :-).

The more I do my own maintenance and repairs, the more I've learned to distrust many marine dealers. I've been totally hosed by one local Merc/Klamath dealer who charged me for work not done, and have found the work of others to be sloppy. I've found that a shop manual, the Internet, and patience can solve most problems, but I would have no hesitation to return to Bucks, and they are earning my trust. Recommended. They are dealers for Merc and Yami but will work on most motors.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Sutter Marine has been good to many of us up Yuba City. They specialize in outboard jetting.

Buck's Outboards has a powerful reputation in south Sacramento.

Sacramento Outboard in West Sacramento specializes in OMC/Johnson/Evinrude outboard motors.

We have had good luck with Gone Fishen' Marine in Dixon.