PDA

View Full Version : Monterey Bay

Sheepdog8404
05-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Anyone fish it regularly? Thinking of hitting the surf next time I'm down there visiting my brother. Fished the surf pretty regularly when I lived in San Diego. Now that I'm back in the mountains, I sort of miss the beach... Just wondering if anyone fishes for stripers, halibut or perch. Maybe some tips on a productive beach to hit? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tight lines,
Gary

Lee Haskin
05-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Gary,

The surf is producing good numbers of small stripers-most undersized.

Lee

Sheepdog8404
05-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the help, Lee!

tommylee
05-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Gary,

Productive beach to fish = On google maps search 1094 Via Palo Alto in Aptos Ca, drive there Park on the street anywhere near that address, walk down the public concrete stairs just to the right of the home, start fishing in front of the stairs and start walking south. Cast and retrieve exactly eight times in each in each section of good looking water, if no perch or stripers are present move south to the next good looking location. When tired turn around and do the same thing walking north - the tide will have changed a bit and the fish may have found new temporary homes, Good luck.

Sheepdog8404
06-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Wow! That's pretty darn descriptive. Thanks for that information, Tommy! I hope posting it on here doesn't ruin the spot for you!