PDA

View Full Version : Where are you going in 2016?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Tell us where you are planning on going this year......

We are going to South Dakota for LMB and SMB.

In the heat of mid-summer we will be taking our motor home up the Oregon coast.

Will try to hit some fall Steelhead in October.

Winter will be in Florida for 4 months chasing all kinds of fish.

Mark Kranhold
04-28-2016, 07:44 PM
Living the dream Bill, well deserved and congrats! I think I might just go stir crazy for now:eek: Lol!! So far my biggest event for 16 will be shoulder surgery this summer and Tucson in October for my Dads 80th birthday.

johnsquires
04-29-2016, 08:22 AM
Hawaii in a week or so.
Annual guys' trip to Valley Springs for a few days of bass fishing, beer drinking and cigar smoking - end of May.
Oregon trip in either June or July.
Alaska in August and September.

pvsprme
04-29-2016, 09:06 AM
Alaska in early June, opening day float the Kenai Canyon and hope the trout are eating smolt in the braids, saltwater trip out of Seward for feeder kings on light tackle and hopefully Halibut. Driving a friends SUV out to Portland, trying to decide on Cassiar vs. Alaska Highway. Never done the Alaska and leaning towards that as supposed to be more wildlife but no time to fish on this portion as I booked a lodge in Nehalliston Plateau in BC for stillwater trout for 3 days followed by 3 days on lake closer to Kamloops. Hoping to find the famous Travelling Sedge. The BC lodges are cheap compared to what we're used to and right now the exchange rate makes it a real bargain. Couple days on the North Umpqua early July on way home.

Mr T
04-29-2016, 04:34 PM
San Diego offshore. Got a 15 weight and a big ol reel and I'm gonna "try" to hook and land bluefin and yellowfin.

Mark Kranhold
04-29-2016, 07:20 PM
San Diego offshore. Got a 15 weight and a big ol reel and I'm gonna "try" to hook and land bluefin and yellowfin.

Go for some Mako's!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urkBCNoUwSY&itct=CBoQpDAYASITCPn__ZyptcwCFbAYfgodtnwOIzIHcmVsY XRlZEizgYOIke_QoFw%3D

yubaman
04-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Truckee for 9 days over the 4th of July. Fish locally. Over Memorial Day, 8 days on the Sun, Dearborn, Marias and Moussouri. Fall trip back to the Olympic Peninsula.

TyV
04-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Truckee area for a week in mid June. Then 3 weeks through Oregon and up to Montana. Will have wife and kids(2 & 5) along...but should get plenty of time to fish...even some with the little ones. My daughter is all about it...how's that. A girly little princess that likes to play with bugs, get dirty and go chase fish...gotta love it. Will be in Missoula and fishing for most of a week while there.

Hope to get up to the Pit/McCloud for a 4-5 day trip after we return as well.

Bill...you are indeed living the dream. Where in Florida? I lived in Naples for a couple of years working at the Conservancy of SW FL. Mostly fished mangroves while I was there, but did fish open water once a month maybe. So many species to chase...so many of them great dinner fare as well. Enjoy all your adventures.

JasonB
05-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Hoping for a few trips to the Pitt and McCloud Rivers this summer, and a North Umpqua trip or two late summer/fall.

The "BIG" trips are an extended backpacking trip in the high Sierra in July, and a trip to the KP in Alaska at the very end of August fishing for Silvers.

It is interesting that the "BIG" trips are exciting, and serve as major inspiration for countless hours at the vise; yet, some of the closer to home short trips often produce some very hot fishing too. You just never, ever, know quite when you'll experience "one of those days"... but I am hopeful for one or two of those as well as the above.

Good luck to everyone on your time on the water this season,
JB

NCL
05-02-2016, 06:04 AM
The Grande Ronde in October, hoping for my first steelhead on a skater

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2016, 06:46 AM
Living the dream Bill, well deserved and congrats! I think I might just go stir crazy for now:eek: Lol!! So far my biggest event for 16 will be shoulder surgery this summer and Tucson in October for my Dads 80th birthday.

I had shoulder surgery a few years ago. Not bad, just could not sleep for a while.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2016, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=Fish_ON;165827

Bill...you are indeed living the dream. Where in Florida? I lived in Naples for a couple of years working at the Conservancy of SW FL. Mostly fished mangroves while I was there, but did fish open water once a month maybe. So many species to chase...so many of them great dinner fare as well. Enjoy all your adventures.[/QUOTE]

We have a little place on the other side, below Orlando on the 100 mile plus long Indian River Lagoon in Sebastian, FL. All of Florida is fishy.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2016, 06:52 AM
The Grande Ronde in October, hoping for my first steelhead on a skater

Good choice...good timing.

Charlie S
05-02-2016, 07:01 AM
No reason to travel for fishing. I have streams and creeks, as well as trophy lakes within 45 minutes from the house. If I do travel it will be no more than 4-5 hours, and probably a lot less, to get a steelhead fix.

aaron
05-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Lots of local fishing on the menu, the Spring creek a mile from the front door is just about to get fishing. New raft arrives next week which will be put to good use on the Henry's/South Fork. Heading to Maine later in the summer and will be putting in some beach time for stripers. A couple fall steelhead trips intermixed with getting the pooch on birds.

Mr T
05-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Go for some Mako's!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urkBCNoUwSY&itct=CBoQpDAYASITCPn__ZyptcwCFbAYfgodtnwOIzIHcmVsY XRlZEizgYOIke_QoFw%3D

Ok why not? If they show I'll give it a shot!

Party boat so not sure the rest of the crew will be a fan but hey what the hell!

TaylerW
05-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Deschutes redbands right now, then on to Willamette tributary summer steelhead, then Deschutes summer steelhead, then maybe a Klamath trip or two, then back to winter steelhead on the NW Oregon coast. Maybe a trip to the SF Snake in Idaho.