PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - "Round" float tube and a 5, 6 or 7 wt Sage VXP rod

Bluegrass Bill
04-19-2016, 07:27 AM
Hi Folks,

Does anyone have a round caddis float tube (or equivalent) that is sitting around collecting dust that would like to part with it? If you are a float tuber like me you may have started with something like that and then upgraded to a supercat, fat cat or pontoon boat. That is what I did and I now enjoy my supercat and the added versatility it provides me.

I do however still have situations where I would like to be able to carry my “floattube“ some distance to launch and really miss that old round float tube for that purpose. When I did upgrade my old round tube had been used to death was ready for the dump. Let me know if you have one not being used and what you would like for it.

The other thing I would love to find is a 4 piece Sage VXP 9 or 9’6 in a 5, 6 or 7 wt. I have a 9’6', 6 wt that is my favorite trout rod and also does well on half pounders, spring and fall run steelhead but since Sage no longer makes the VXP I cannot get another.
Let me know if you have either one of these items you would be willing to part with. I live in the Sacramento area. Drop me a pm, or e-mail at bluegrassbillward@gmail.com thanks!

Bluegrass Bill
04-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Actually some of the Caddis U-shaped tubes would probably be a great option for me as well so if you have one of those you would like to get rid of that would work well also. :)

flyfisher7
04-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Check out Cabela's i thinks they have some closeout VXP rods left

RSK
04-19-2016, 12:57 PM
I have a round Cadis tube out in the garage. I'll pull it out and see what kind of shape its in. You can check it out and maybe trade some flies or something for it if it looks good.

Russell

Bluegrass Bill
04-19-2016, 03:24 PM
I have a round Cadis tube out in the garage. I'll pull it out and see what kind of shape its in. You can check it out and maybe trade some flies or something for it if it looks good.

Russell

That sounds promising Russell, Let me know what you think.

Bluegrass Bill
04-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Check out Cabela's i thinks they have some closeout VXP rods left

Thanks for this tip, looks like I can get one here! :)

DLJeff
04-19-2016, 07:32 PM
I also have a Caddis round tube in the garage that I'd be willing to sell. I think it is in great condition (I need to check to see if the backrest cushion holds air, I can't remember).

Byran
04-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Hi Bill. I have a VXP, new never used 9' 6 wt. Includes rod case for $300. Since I'm in Elk Grove there's no shipping or tax ��.
Byran

njbeast
04-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Hi Bill. I have a Caddis float tube (green and tan) with a new truck tube inside. Everything in great shape except no backrest cushion. I'm sure you can get any type of inflatable cushion to work. Yours if you want it. I'm in Livergulch and can meet you half way if you want.
Glenn

Bluegrass Bill
04-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Hi Bill. I have a VXP, new never used 9' 6 wt. Includes rod case for $300. Since I'm in Elk Grove there's no shipping or tax ��.
Byran

Hey Bryan,

I'll take it! Send me your address and phone number either by pm or preferably by e-mail to: bluegrassbillward@gmail.com

I will call you and we can discuss making the transfer! Thanks!

Bill

Bill

Bluegrass Bill
04-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Hi Bill. I have a Caddis float tube (green and tan) with a new truck tube inside. Everything in great shape except no backrest cushion. I'm sure you can get any type of inflatable cushion to work. Yours if you want it. I'm in Livergulch and can meet you half way if you want.
Glenn

Hey Glenn,

I appreciate the note and offer however another fellow Board member who lives practically next door to me beat you to the punch. As such I will be taking his tube off his hands Thanks again for your offer!

Bill

Bluegrass Bill
04-23-2016, 03:38 PM
Hi Folks,

Well I did get my sage VXP thanks to Bryan, a nice, essentially brand new 9 ft 6 wt at a good price.

I thought I had my float tube as well but it turns out getting a new inner tube is no easy chore and costly as well. So I would like to make that request again and ask Jeff and Glenn who indicated they had tubes to contact me by e-mail please, bluegrassbillward@gmail.com to talk about their tubes again.

Thanks Folks!

Bill

Bluegrass Bill
04-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Hi Folks,

DL Jeff came back to me with information on the tube he offered up before and its now a done deal! So Glenn, thanks again for your offer and thanks Russell for your tube which didn't quite work out.

So now I am done, got my Sage VXP and will have my round Caddis float tube for the times when I need to hike a little! :)

This is sure a great forum here to get needed fly fishing stuff as well as clean the clutter out when needed too:)

Bill