PDA

View Full Version : Native Sons Tours...Truckee

Frank R. Pisciotta
04-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Fly fishing “tours” are the brainchild of Lance Gray. They have proven to be a unique and cost-effective way for fly anglers’ quick immersion about a specific body of water, whether moving or still. Lance was gracious in permitting both Jon Baiocchi and Frank R. Pisciotta to mimic the format of Lance’s leading-edge tours. This is the third year of Native Sons Tours in the Truckee area.

Jon and I have tweaked the tour a bit in that we’ll have a previous evening’s “meet & greet” featuring a PowerPoint presentation. As well as the two featured tour waters of the Truckee and Little Truckee rivers, the presentation will include other opportunities, big and small, within one hour’s drive of the town of Truckee. As needed, Frank and Jon will dispense with both current and last century, Truckee fly fishing lore…sans “revisionist” history.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Currently we have space in both scheduled “tours” occurring during May 20-21 and June 24-25. Below are details on the tour:

The CONCEPT: Through many years of guiding fly anglers in the Truckee and Graeagle areas; both Jon Baiocchi and Frank R. Pisciotta have noticed a trend. Many of their experienced fly angling clients visiting for the first time or having previously fished the area expressed an interest in becoming more familiar with the idiosyncrasies of the local “wild trout” fisheries; hoping to minimize their “prospecting” time. They engaged Jon or Frank’s services with their prime focus being an orientation to local waters; being guided and catching trout being secondary. These fly anglers want to be briefed about:

1---Most productive techniques
2---Local bugs and respective fly patterns
3---Seasonally ideal angling times
4---Key access points of selected waters

The SPECIFICS: The Tour is designed to give fly anglers what they need to know to be successful when venturing on selected special regulation sectors of the Big Truckee, from the town of Truckee to Hirschdale, and the Little Truckee below Stampede dam. Tours are limited to six (6). Jon and Frank know they can easily enroll more tour guests, but they want to assure a high quality experience. Fly fishers will learn of access points, equipment, tactics, techniques, flies, entomology, and local inside knowledge.

The Tour entails a “meet & greet” and PowerPoint presentation on Friday evening and a Tour Packet consisting of a map, essays on both waters, and a hatch chart. A bonus is a copy of the original Truckee & Little Truckee Tips. Saturday we auto-caravan; participates providing their own transportation. Lunch and drinks are included. After lunch we wader up (bring your own gear) and split into two fishing groups; similar to a guide trip.

WHO WE ARE: Jon and Frank are “born & raised” northern Californians with a combined 52 years of guiding fly anglers exclusively on their “home waters” and 92 years of fly fishing. The tour information dispensed is reliable, timely and ingrained from Jon and Frank’s vast experience. Simply, experience does count. They have always tailored guide trips to the specific desires and skills of the individual client and have planned guest’s time accordingly. Hence the genesis of Native Sons Tours; to provide a group of experienced fly rodders a short learning curve and cost-effective investment in their angling time.

FEE: $250 per Angler

Jon Baiocchi---530.228.0487/jon@baiocchistroutfitters.com Frank R. Pisciotta---530.587.7333/cyberfly@cyberfly.com

Troutstalker55B
04-07-2016, 09:42 AM
http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/native-sons-fly-fishing-tours/

Lance Gray
04-07-2016, 01:53 PM
This is a great tour folks. Frank & Jon are top guides and my friends. They are awesome!!! Learn from the Masters!!!

Frank R. Pisciotta
04-23-2016, 11:32 AM
There is still space available for our June 24-25 Native Sons Tour in Truckee. Any questions or further details contact me @ 530-587-7333 or at the original Fishmas next Friday in Truckee.

PS----We got snow!...8" on my measurement rail at my place at 6500'...better late than never.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Frank R. Pisciotta
05-08-2016, 12:42 PM
The June 24-25 Native Sons Tour still has space available. See initial post for details. Contact me directly @ 530-587-7333 or @ cyberfly@cyberfly.com.

Frank R. Pisciotta

PS---We've received a good soaking here in Truckee the last two days...bring it on!

Jimmie
05-08-2016, 09:29 PM
I was on their first tour 3? years ago. It was great! Two of the best at fishing the Truckee. I highly recommend it. May go again just so I can hang out with Jon and Frank. ��

Frank R. Pisciotta
06-12-2016, 09:22 PM
One space is available for the June 24-25 Native Sons Tour in Truckee. Jon will not be present; it will be me only.

Frank R. Pisciotta